✅ Dark Mode

Well, it would be super shitty if they did that.

2 Likes

It would, but nothing would surprise me anymore. But there’s no point in speculating, we’ll see when it’s out

2 Likes

as @hdwrng mentioned above. Monzo would likely get booted off the App Store for putting a paywall on a OS feature. If you get a second have a look in the deepdive thread as the dark mode code is there :smiley:

1 Like

Just seen that the NatWest app has been updated to now have a dark mode. Quite embarrassing that Monzo is so behind the times! :pensive:

17 Likes

This on RBS too?

Not for me on RBS it isn’t…

Monzo are working on it, they might push it out faster now :slight_smile:. Who knows.

1 Like

Any update?

3 Likes

I hope its going to drop in one of the next few updates

3 Likes

We know that it has had some staff testing, so that is encouraging

It is worth, mainly as expectation management, remembering the experience with bill pots when the first version disappeared into staff testing, never to reappear, though the second version, eventually rewritten from scratch, was more than worth waiting for

So it might not be here for months still at longest

As this is mainly a presentational feature, rather than a new processing flow to finesse, I am hopeful that it will not hit such major snags in use

4 Likes

Just noticed the transaction map is back to ‘light mode’, so something is going on in the background.

1st shot of Dark mode in app!!!

It’s early days but exciting nonetheless

6 Likes

Definitely exciting. Love how it looks.

I must be in the minority, but I’m not that fussed about felt mode, can’t say I really ever use it in my phone or other apps

1 Like

Much prefer silk

4 Likes

Hah, I’m sure I typed dark… :man_shrugging:t3::man_facepalming:

1 Like

All these UI improvements to the payments stuff as well as the dark mode preview that was shared have got me far too excited for Dark Mode to finally arrive, come on Monzo, give it to us!

4 Likes

Oh Em Gee

Here it is :tada::tada::tada:

Heart beating faster? Drooling? Here’s how to enable it:

Cross your fingers and hope :soon: - and check today’s date :rofl:

13 Likes

It isn’t showing Joint Account on this Monzo Premium account though :sob:

Don’t get me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: started with Premium on Joint Accounts…

3 Likes