✅ Custom Category Creation

I suppose an alternative way of looking at this is Monzo are choosing a constraint which will ultimately save you money, over saving you from having to apply a workaround, in order to carry on budgeting using the approach that you want to.

Between adding emoji to notes as tags, the additional categories that I expect will be added, the ability to export data (iOS only, for now) & the functionality that 3rd party developers will be able to build, once the API is ready, I think we’re in a fairly good position to get to the analysis that we want.

I’d hope that Monzo will provide a more flexible solution themselves though & I know it’s something they’re trying to figure out. I’m sure my approach to budgeting is more simple than others too.

Hugo has been pretty clear, in the post that I provided the link to above, that custom categories won’t be added in the foreseeable future though so it’s definitely worth sharing your ideas for additional categories :slight_smile:

In case it helps - you might be able to worth this out by checking your transactions based on the merchant, rather than the category there?

Posts can be edited here btw :raised_hands:

1 Like