Crowdfunding (Upcoming 2018/19 Round) - Updates

I am looking forward for a new crowdfunding campaing after this recent move. For those like me who have missed the opportunity to become Monzo shareholders. Please Tom, give us good news soon!

2 Likes

https://ft.trib.al/K3Xn07Y

Monzo: gonzo banking

Investors should remember that the UK start-up’s customers are young and stretched

In addition, Crunchbase is reporting an undisclosed amount of funds raised:

Thought it could be because it hasn’t materialized just yet as it cites:

Let’s say there is a crowdfunding round. Will we be allowed to buy the shares ? Or are there specific conditions to do so What price will it be ? Do you have any information about that ?

I’m kind of a newbie, thank you all !

The only restrictions I’m aware of is the eu cap on raising funds let’s speculate Monzo want to raise £20m from the crowd I believe this would require a prospectus 8m Euro cap

Then it’s down to who would run the campaign whether it can be run internally, there was a job advert a goodbye months ago referencing crowd funding

£20 million reserve for crowdfunding. I think crowdcube limit was £8 million?

2 Likes

Crowdcube don’t have a limit, but over €8m, the EU requires a formal prospectus, that’s all.

2 Likes

It would be nice if there was an opportunity to sell shares to monzo during the crowdfunding similarly to what revolut offered.

I believe some people have just sold on here. You need monzo approval and you need to use crowdcude as a broker

1 Like

Agreed, recycle shares where people want to sell, reduces dilution.

Where can you buy/sell shares right now ? Is it available yet ?

except Monzo is trying to raise money to continue improving their cash hungry project , not buy existing shareholders stakes to consolidate with cash thats sitting in their account :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can sell shares acquired in the previous funding rounds (if you have them ) through crowd cube under certain circumstances to anybody willing to buy them , the next opportunity to buy shares will be in the next crowdfunding round - which hasn’t been officially announced yet :slight_smile:

How much time did this crowdfunding round last ?
I feel like there was an announcement a couple days ago and now the round is over :sweat_smile:

it’s not taken place yet - :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: there has been no official announcement from Monzo of a new crowd funding round taking place yet - I think you are confusing previous crowd cube funding rounds which are over

Hi,

I’m interested in buying monzo shares - open to buying the whole allocation. Please message me if you are interested in selling.

Thanks
Mike

1 Like
1 Like

Mine are all available at £50 each.

7 Likes

50 a share?:joy::joy:

1 Like

Hi,

I have a 995 + 146 Monzo shares that I am interested to sell due to some recent events. I am still in process to get the approval from Crowdcube and Monzo to sell, tell me if it sounds interesting to you.

Thanks,
Paul