Criteria For Accounts

They probably get your age from public records. Whenever you search the electoral register it gives peoples age not as a date but as an age banding.

What was the context behind the screenshot? Iā€™m curious!

Iā€™d asked for some information in the last crowdfunding round (without bringing up any old stuff I got missed off an email or two). They sent me a screen shot to show all was well and I could see what other info they had on me :slight_smile:

All wasnā€™t well in as much as I didnā€™t get the messages Iā€™d expected to get, but this stuff happens. I got over it.

Aha! Judging by your description, I suspect we may have sent you a screenshot of Mailchimp, the service we use to send marketing emails. Iā€™ve just logged in to one of our accounts to confirm that Mailchimp does try to determine this and shows it on a user profile.

I can assure you that we donā€™t actually use it and that the core Monzo service doesnā€™t even have a concept of gender. Itā€™s something we make a point of not collecting. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s useful to know thanks @RichardR

Bringing the thread back round full circle to where I initially started, I am pleased to say I received an email a few days ago to invite me to test out the new current account.
Extremely pleased to have been selected and I am excited about getting my card and using it on a daily basis. I make the majority of my purchases with my Monzo prepaid card and the only issues ive had with it is in fuel filling stations.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.