✅ Credit Score- Submit Data

Submit Monzo data to companies such as Equifax so that Monzo accounts appear on reports

You are already being reported to Credit Karma but I do agree the more the merrier.

1 Like

Is there a reason Monzo only report to TransUnion and not the others?

Here’s my regular refrain of “it’s my data and I strongly object to it being given to one credit reference company without my consent, let alone three (or more)”.

(But as it’s not really within Monzo’s remit to change the whole credit referencing system, just keeping it to the one works better for me).

Hi @mholland

We chose TransUnion after carrying out a due diligence process with all the major credit reference agencies and deciding they were the best fit for us. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the long run we aim to report to multiple credit reference agencies so we give our customers the best chances of being able to borrow but we’re not quite there yet.

Integrate them all and then give us toggles to turn on sharing.

Seems easy :wink:

2 Likes

You’ve forgotten I’m also waging war on unnecessary togglage, haven’t you?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ok. Then maybe a toggle to remove the toggles for users?

5 Likes

I can sense a requirement for an infinite number of toggles coming along. :joy:

1 Like

Hi @cwtch, can I ask what made them the best fit for you? From a customer POV (in my experience), they are the least checked of the 3 agencies and therefore the least useful when people are checking your credit history - Certainly for anyone whose just starting out with their own bank accounts etc.

Monzo had previously said that they were planning on reporting to all 3 agencies in “the first half of 2019”, which has obviously slipped (with very little update).

Is there a technical limitation here, or is it more that the cost of reporting to all 3 doesn’t align with Monzos current situation?

Thanks in advance! :grinning:

3 Likes