Creating ‘moments’ of spending data / comparison

I’m travelling to Brighton this week for a holiday and I’ll be doing most of the spending on my Monzo card. I’ve transferred extra money onto my account, but it would be great if I could group all spending over the next five days into a different moment and to prevent this affecting my monthly spending targets.

Already I’ve busted my monthly target for eating out with a Starbucks and a McDonald’s.

Apologies if this has already been suggested.

1 Like

lol but isn’t that just like saying ignore all of the targets to control my spending because Im on holiday and that spending doesnt count :slight_smile: - no offence - :slight_smile: but targets are to understand your spending habits ???

A holiday is a one-off event that occurs several times a year, it affects your spending habits because you will often find yourself shelling out a lot more than usual for hotels, petrol, tickets etc.

I’d like to see this idea put forward as the spending on a specific trip can be funded from either savings or working overtime so unless you take holidays each month it’d be great to separate these from my normal spending as on a month-to-month basis I would not usually spend that much money. :+1:

6 Likes

I’d love this, when I’m on holiday my targets for eating out get exceeded by 300% or something + a really high cash withdrawal while I don’t touch the groceries section at all. Being on holiday for over a month messed with my average and while I’d like to file my transactions as normal instead of putting it under “holiday”, this sounds like a great idea.

3 Likes

Yes, this would be extremely useful, and there has been some discussion about this previously – here’s my vote for such a feature in that thread:

And the good news that this issue is on Tom’s radar (click the :arrow_down_small: for Tom’s quote, which also refers to Brighton!):

3 Likes