COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Glad to have you back spreading your positivity and cheer all over the forum again.

1 Like

Oh boyā€¦ :popcorn:

I sense the sarcasm, but surely covid being over is positive thing?

It would be if it really was over :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll rephrase, the covid hysteria is over.

Thereā€™s still plenty that are hysterically wrong about it.

I know, they are all still wearing masks :roll_eyes:

I really struggle to understand this opinion - so please, can you clarify for me why youā€™re bothered or annoyed or in any way hassled by people who are wearing a mask for their own protection?

I wish more people stayed at home if they were sick, I wish more people wore a mask like in other countries if theyā€™re sick to protect others.

4 Likes

I guess Iā€™m not bothered or annoyed to be honest, so perhaps the emoji was unwarranted.

I actually feel sorry for people who thinks wearing a tatty mask actually makes a difference. I understand when people wore one because it was a legal requirement, because people have the fear of a financial penalty.

Iā€™ve stopped wearing mine on outdoor walks mostly. But it goes on whenever I go into a building that isnā€™t my home or a vehicle with other people.

2 Likes

I doubt theyā€™re tatty, some people do take care of their masks. Again this sentence is still portraying your annoyance at it.

Ultimately, if people want to wear one, because it gives them some sense of safety, then so be it. Itā€™s not bothering you, or hindering you, so maybe just let people do it if they want to :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head there. ā€œSenseā€ of safety, not actual safety.

But again, I feel sorry for these people, itā€™s the result of the biggest fear campaign on the people.

You see it alllllll the time, the people who introduced these measures, wear masks on camera when they are on their own just as they appear on frame, then take their mask off when having an interview sat right next to someone.

They are laughing at us.

Iā€™ve been on chemo meds and have chronic lung disease so have to be extra careful. The newest Omicron variants appear to be attacking lung cells again, like the original variants, so this is of a particular concern.

I wear properly fitting FFP3 masks which afford very good protection, despite what the anti-maskers say. I listen to medical/scientific advice, not internet randoms.

7 Likes

I think thereā€™s some truth to that in the response of people nowadays, but I donā€™t think itā€™s necessarily the wrong conclusion to arrive at.

I do think masks help to protect others if youā€™re infected. I was one of the few on here actually pushing their use because Iā€™ve seen and experienced how theyā€™re utilised in Asian cultures and itā€™s something Iā€™ve always admired and wanted to adopt. The vast majority of the folks on here at that time had the same sentiment you still hold and I get it.

For me it does wonders for anxiety, and not just in terms of the pandemic. Iā€™m sure the filtration of my masks, in addition to other measures have all played a part in my not catching the virus yet. Everyone else I know became lax when the rules did, and since caught it.

You do you, and Iā€™ll do me. Just know Iā€™m not doing me because I was scared into it by a fear-mongering campaign. I did my own research and made my own informed decision that wearing a mask is something I want to do and would be beneficial to my overall well-being, well before the idea was even advised.

2 Likes

And thatā€™s absolutely fine.

However Iā€™d bet good money, the vast majority havenā€™t done what youā€™ve done, which is come to your own conclusion. Most people think masks keep them safe because the government told them it does. The same government who held parties and referring to my earlier comment, wear masks when they are on their own and take them off when they are around people. Otherwise known as virtue signalling.

Thereā€™s zero correlation here.

2 Likes

I have no doubt that these masks, when worn absolutely correctly and strict regimes (not touching it, wash hands after removing, new masks every time etc) are followed, that they would reduce spread.

However 99.999999% of people either have a cloth or tatty reused blue mask. A small portion will wear the masks you mention and a small fraction of those will use them correctly.

It really isnā€™t an easy thing to do properly.

Well, time to mute this thread again. This conversation is going nowhere, it would be best if people let it go instead of trying to convince others who wonā€™t be convinced

2 Likes

I wish I had the keen ability to spot a blue mask that has been reused. What a superpower that must be!

5 Likes

Oh come off it. There isnā€™t a person outside of the professional setting in the world who uses them masks once and bins them :roll_eyes: straight in the pocket after touching it, ready to be used on entering the next shop down the high street 2 minutes later.