Contactless fob card

Would it be possible to make a micro version of the card that I can put on my key-ring to use only for contactless purchases/tube. As I feel like I always got better access to my Sainsbury’s “membership card” (the one they give out to have on your key-ring), than the stuff in my wallet.

Someone has suggested this before although they’ve tried to coin a fancy term for the name:

It wasn’t very popular back then as Google/Apple Pay through your phone was favoured. Who knows though, things might have changed but sadly not for me - I hate keyrings and such :smiley:

I really dont see the need for it if I’m honest.

I have Apple Pay, literally the only thing my card is ever used for is to put into a machine to enter my pin

Your mileage may vary of course

2 Likes

As above, what is the use case? You don’t need your card at all if you use mobile payments.

Also after a certain amount of usage it needs to be used with a PIN by law.

Another No here I’m afraid.
I can see for some it may be a novelty, but as I have to keep 2 sets of keys with me at all times when I’m at work, I avoid taking keyrings of any sort with me when I’m outside of work.
Also, with the current plethora of choice regarding cards
(Physical card, Apple/Google/Samsung Pay, Curve, etc) is there really a need for it?

I’m all for small form factor cards.

Now I had Apple Pay I wouldn’t use them, but can see the benefit of having a keyring sized card.

Pingit / formely Bpay is a ok version of that - all be it a pre paid card

Sounds like a great idea. Could definitely see this being useful for public transport and quick contactless payments.

People who block up the queue at the tube barriers because they unsuccessfully use apple pay (worst offenders using their watch) drive me mad…