Connection Issues 29/7

You need to log in to see the notification that mentions there is an issue.

Fair point, I don’t see why that type of message couldn’t be put on the holding screen somewhere though, if it’s a significant failure at least like today.

1 Like

All working now, back to normal. good stuff.

True, I like the idea but it would need some work.

For example, in this instance it is working for some and not others.

Each time there is an issue they’d have to have mechanics in place to work out who is effected. Locking everyone out would be a bit extreme. I might just need a simple bank statement or something but because card payments aren’t working I wouldn’t be able to get in.

1 Like

I made three transactions just before this all started. So if it was me that broke it; sorry. :pray:

2 Likes

Update: We’ve identified what happened here, and are working on a fix. We hope for everything to be back to normal in under an hour. But we’ll let you know if anything changes.

Thanks for all your patience in the meantime!

2 Likes

When you’re back up and running, can we have another nice juicy blog post for us nosy/nerdy folk who want to know what went wrong, why and how you fixed it etc :nerd_face:

10 Likes

I’d be surprised if they didn’t post up a blog post for an outage this significant, though it’d likely take a while to formulate :frowning:

1 Like

I imagine they’re all busy fixing it

Oh of course.

After the panic of a system outage like this I’m sure the team will want some downtime to recover before they can even consider finishing off the work they were doing at the time. Only then could they consider something extra like this.

I did say after, not right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been off for a week. Jumping back in at the deep end by the looks of it :grimacing:

rolls up sleeves

11 Likes

I’m on iOS - app is working exactly as expected. Transactions are displaying (just made one) and I see the error warning in the app.

Seems to be back up and running for me.

We’ve rolled out a fix for most of the earlier issues. Feed items for transactions made during the outage might take a while to show up.

We’re keeping an eye on the situation for any ongoing issues.

4 Likes

Better tell The Sun, then again they love a lurk.

Hi Alice Grahns :wave:

2 Likes

Wow, they’re fast. That’ll be a bit of a hit for trust in Monzo especially with it being a ‘new’ bank and lots of people know the name now from the ad campaign.

Can always count on the media to scare people. Just wait til’ they catch wind of people’s money going ‘missing’.

1 Like

I’m not getting the magic login link :disappointed:

yes i’ve checked junk, yes i’ve waited 15 mins, yes i’ve tried again

A “fix for most of the issues has been rolled out” so I’d suggest waiting until the issue has been marked as fully resolved. Currently it is ‘monitoring’ :slight_smile:

See here for the latest: https://monzo.statuspage.io/

And Slack’s gone down now… wonder if it’s affecting Monzo’s workspace? If so, they won’t be able to talk to each other…

1 Like

World’s going to hell in a handbasket…