Connection Issues 29/7

I feel like ‘all publicity is good publicity’ doesn’t apply here

5 Likes

Once again the option to have notifications about issues, rather than just in-feed and twitter would be much appreciated.

1 Like

What notifications would you like? Email?

I don’t think that’s ever going to happen, it paints a bad image for Monzo each time they go down.

I’m sure the fewer people that know about it the better, even if this does cause a few issues for people using their card in the few hours they’re down.

No point in painting a bad picture for the however many other people don’t experience an issue.

2 Likes

No, notifications to my smartphone…

Monzo is still down all my card payments getting rejected.

They haven’t said it is resolved yet. Check the link that was posted for the latest update.

We have a Google Hangouts Chat connected to our company G Suite as a backup. Biggest problem is that it has none of our custom emojis :pensive: But at least we can communicate. Slack wasn’t down for too long, thankfully!

3 Likes

Sadly now Google’s algorithm has caught wind and googling Monzo produces news results of the outage before other results.

I’m sure that will only be temporary :slight_smile:

It’s because this is the hot topic of the day and lots of people are talking about it. So Google believes it is relevant to bump it to the top but it will tail off.

Anyone else still got feed items missing? 2 have gone through but 1 hasn’t

1 Like

:soon: Allegedly.

There was just another update saying all has been sorted (except for pots)

I believe they have fixed the issue but the way I read it was that it may take some time before everyone sees it.

I imagine a lot of transactions happened during/around the outage so it will take some time for the fix to iterate through them all and update peoples feeds.

All just speculation of course, but I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about :slight_smile:

2 made 5 minutes after appeared hours ago

Not concern but if it hasn’t gone through I will need to go back to the shop to pay after work tomorrow, so i’ll need to sort out childcare for a bit longer than usual

I’m not sure how they’re doing it but the backlog must be huge and then they have got all “new” transactions piling in on top of this too. Perhaps they are attacking this from two different angles :man_shrugging:

I imagine it is annoying though and you’d rather know either way. Fingers crossed for an update :soon: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just got an immediate notification on a purchase, so clearing any backlog is not affecting normal processing

Pattern of my day, but without the forum and a dozen Twitter notifications I would not have noticed personally…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have noticed either. I’m trying to do no spend weekdays so obviously picked the best time to start.

3 Likes

I got my lunch at 1205 and on way home now. Bossed spending around it