Collected thoughts on card design

@NanoOp

I’m not seeing any picture of the card

Edit to add: It’s there now.

Thanks for posting this.

Oops, I was removing EXIF data.

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can get a nicer, more realistic photo?

Do they offer credit products too?

The app interface any good?

ICICI or BOC?

ICICI.

BOC seems too much effort

Psst

I’m almost certain we should move this chatter to the respective threads

1 Like

We can see the whole card number and expiry, enough to buy stuff off Amazon FYI @NanoOp

1 Like

Remove the photo with the back of the card visible.

Fixed.

Sunday night drama

1 Like

wouldn’t be this forum without it, :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What’s everyone’s favourite and least favourite card designs?

My favourite would still be the Santander debit card. Least favourite is probably the NatWest debit card just for those colours. The purple RBS version actually looks quite nice

Favourite is BOC, I just wish it worked via Apple Pay. Least favourite is Santander, the signature strip looks terrible.

I think Chase is probably the classiest of the ones I’ve had. The Nationwide ones are still good quality. Lloyds was a real disappointment.
Edit: RBS is good quality and nice-looking too.

Opening and closing accounts is the least of his worries.

Whats wrong with the signature strip?

People even sign theirs anymore? :joy:

Without going to check, it’s hit and miss if I do mine but never had any issues.

Many years back my employer (ex cashier) said to not accept cards without a signature and they weren’t allowed to sign it there and then. Can imagine how someone wanting to pay for their shopping would react about this :melting_face:

2 Likes

UK Favourite designs: Between Bank of Ireland, Coutts and HSBC Premier. Each of them have a unique charm.

UK Least favourite designs: Drummond’s, Bank of Scotland, the new Nationwide cards. Simply ugly designs. BOS have potential for a great design as they have a great logo.

3 Likes

Special mention for the HSBC Global Money card too. The basic HSBC debit card looks so plain and boring. I would upgrade to the Advance if you could do it in the app but going into a branch is far too much effort for me these days.

1 Like