Collected thoughts on card design

Omg the member card colour in Apple Pay so pretty

2 Likes

These are my main banks and cards now. Like both these banking layouts. RBS child and co plus Drummonds was nice but I’ll use those as switching accounts in future.

Didn’t you only just open them and your already wanting to close them lol

8 Likes

Fickle is the heart of woman Nicky.

What about Yonder?

6 Likes

I like the RBS card (and app) too but having just gone #fullStarling for my main account (despite having the account for years) I’m liking it too much to switch. FlexDirect is a joint account, FlexPlus for the insurance/to have a backup account with a Visa Debit. So I will probably end up CASSing the RBS account once I get the bonus and another offer comes along.

The card of some random “bank” (Ace Union) that showed up on my social media. Terrible reviews left, right and centre. Card is also not that great.

Yeah . What can I say I’m just impulsive, impatient and impossible :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I like the cards but the app is abit old tech for me. I have my regular saver with nationwide with a good interest rate… and I applied for a credit card which had been accepted so thought I may as well have this as my secondary account for savings and credit. RBS wouldn’t give me a credit card so that ultimately made up my mind haha. Monzo will always be my main account with my joint account and flex so two banks for
Me is all I need. I closed Yonder and JAJA (well debating to keep JAJA open as a backup if other cards down work for some one off reason haha)

1 Like

Any reason you closed them? Especially so soon after opening?

2 Likes

ICICI is also embossed. Hang about. I should post it. Two seconds

2 Likes

I think it’s coz if I have too many accounts I feel like I have to use them. But then get confused with where money is getting deposited or spent. I like the idea of having just 2 banks : one where my salary and bills/spending comes from and the other in a building society or different bank that is for my savings and back up account if the worst should happen. Having a load of accounts and apps and tiles in credit score land just makes things untidy . I think I have autism

You actually got the card?

course I did, and Bank of China is on the way.

Your poor credit report.

6 Likes

Now the ICIC card I would be interested to see, same for the Bank of China Card.

1 Like

Sorry! I was on a live chat… I’ll go downstairs now. Two ticks.

1 Like

Did you apply for the BOC credit card too?

How easy was the application?

BOC was sluggish. (see: Bank of China (UK) - #6 by NanoOp)

ICICI is proper easy on the app and instant. You do have to print and scan a signature mandate though.

ICICI nor BOC support Apple/Google wallets though.

Just trying to censor my details, Photoshop on iOS is rubbish.

Was BOC a paper application? Did you find it easy to apply or did they ask a load of questions?

I’m interested to apply for the BOC credit card.

Within the link it’ll show you all of this, it is a branch visit to fill out paper and have photocopies taken, with ID photocopies taken too. They require source of funds beforehand for any money that will be deposited, i.e salary would be employment contract.

@NanoOp

I’m not seeing any picture of the card

Edit to add: It’s there now.

Thanks for posting this.