Christmas 2021

It’s coming along nicely, although it’s not just for Christmas, it’s also for birthdays, mother’s and father’s days etc.

2 Likes

I mean, it could be better

Good news kids, this year’s gifts are imagination toys

7 Likes

We don’t participate in the Graet Christmas ConsumerFest. I shall buy a few joints of meat for the freezer, etc., and that’ll be it.

Every time I see this topic I get a shiver (of fear rather than expectation).

Only 17 Saturdays left till Xmas guys, show us your playlists!!

2 Likes

Ho ho ho!

:santa:

(Am I doing this right?)

2 Likes

And now I understand why people used to flag! :joy::santa:

3 Likes

Ho, Ho now. I made that playlist years ago

1 Like

I’ve got enough Christmas desert to pretty much feed the whole street I think :rofl: I’m more than ready, just got to put finishing touches to some and make the rest nearer the time.

I have a desk full of mincemeats :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Christmas is a good excuse for alcohol free egg nog so i’m all for it

3 Likes

Hahaha that’s like my pot :rofl:

Every year I say to myself, this is the year where I’m going to be well prepared, sensible and just put a bit of money away each month. But nope :sweat_smile: Same as last year.

New Years resolution to setup the same pot and goal? I wish proper lockable pots were still a thing :sob:

1 Like

This is why mines locked in a credit union account, it can’t be accessed until 1st November.

2 Likes

I might look into that :thinking:

I just take bold risks or jump on really good sale items where I end up borrowing from myself and then never pay myself back.

Since i don’t have a credit card, this is why I’m so interested in whatever these credit pot things are… it could be a game changer for me.

2 Likes

It’s best thing I did in regards to Christmas spending a few years ago. Payroll send the cash to the Credit Union so I never miss the money in the 1st place. It’s just as easy though to transfer money in manually though too.

Stops all the temptation when you know you can’t access it just like that. When it gets to 1st November I can draw it out in whatever amount to cover what I need.

I probably should start adding to pots for it. Maybe next year.

But then every year we all say we’ve spent too much and next year we’ll spend less. Never happens.

1 Like

I tend to stick to a fixed amount, sometimes it’s less, sometimes it’s a bit more. But it’s nothing that would ever break the bank, so to speak.

1 Like

I’ll have a look. I just hate skinting myself and spending the first few months of the year trying to get back on top.

I’d love to start Jan 1st with a savings challenge that doesn’t instantly fail :rofl: :sob:

My old employer used to offer a Christmas savings club. They’d take a set amount of money from your salary each month and then give it to you in a lump sum in December.

1 Like

I love south park. Wow, they wouldn’t get away with that now

1 Like

Used to love that growing up. Completely forgot it even existed!