Christmas 2021

The new seasons are just… fantastic, the whole story line with the school troll (season 20) was great - I defo recommend you watch them - there’s 25 season currently and Matt Stone and Tray Parker signed a massive deal to make more

3 Likes

I have an IFTTT that runs every time I use my card, round up goes to one pot and an additional £1 goes to another.

I might repoint/rename that as my Christmas pot for 2022. I’ve saved just over £300 from that this year, without really thinking about it, that would cover a good chunk of my Christmas spending.

3 Likes

Oh dear

Nothing like some Facebook comments too to secure the drama :sweat_smile:

Trudie Davidson, who was unable to secure a small turkey joint, wrote on its Facebook page: “How can they be sold out already??”

If that’s all she has to worry about atm, she’s a lucky lady :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Who’s got a Christmas tree up :thinking::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

Mines half up, just got to do lights and decorations tomorrow. I’m ready for :santa: nearly…

1 Like

I want a real one this time. And by real, I don’t mean dead. But one that’s alive and can go on to live outside for the other 11 months of the year.

3 Likes

Nope. 2 weeks before or occasionally 3 if I need some twinkling lights to cheer me up

3 Likes

My mum’s got 3, I planted some seeds when I was a kid, from a pinecone. They’re in tubs and get tarted up in December.

1 Like

Wish I’d done something like that as a kid!

Now I’m just eagerly awaiting for Nora to become available for sale at Patch! May cave and buy Bruce to grow though.

1 Like

Just jump onto any independent garden centre, they’ll probably have rooted ones for sale. :ok_hand:

I’m going to buy a holly bush I think to grow in a pot, gives the wildlife something to molest.

1 Like

I’ve had mixed results buying plants from various garden centres in the past. A lot don’t seem to care about their plants or care for them well, and they die soon after coming home, though I did manage to save a struggling peace Lilly once!

I’ve grown a real fondness for Patch over the lockdowns. Their plants arrive always seemingly well cared for. And in my time buying from them I’ve only had one die on me, which I’m pretty sure was my own fault.

Would great if our only local garden center didn’t just chop their Christmas trees down, but sold potted ones as well, but sadly, they don’t. They grow their own as well. I’ve even asked about the possibility of a potted one, but nope. They grow their’s to kill em for Christmas. Great for the local Alpaca farms, not so great for the planet.

2 Likes

One tree up in kitchen already, its a new one so when arrived my wife and boys had to get it up. Two more to go, main one in living room and boys usually decorate one in the hall. We also have boys toys all bought, was so much talk about shortages we took no chances. No doubt they will add something to list but………

2 Likes

We have a local company that actually rents them out for Christmas.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty awesome initiative!

3 Likes

iDW_facepalm

It’s November

Xmas tree’s up & decorated by mid-December.

But thankfully, both kids now know the elves aren’t actually real. Phew. That was a proper challenge.

5 Likes

Yeah, grown locally, only delivered locally and then collected. Once they’re too big for household use, they get taken up to various sites around the moors here to be planted up in a permanent location.

2 Likes

:pleading_face:

Say what :sob:

1 Like

‘Jingle’ and ‘Belle’ won’t be visiting on December 1st for 24 loooooooooooooooong nights of mischief anymore.

I’ve about 8 years of inventive elf shenanigans captured though!

(That moment where you’re tired, get ready for bed and MrsW says “what are the elves doing tonight?” :rage:)

3 Likes

I’m so glad I never did elf on the self with mine.
It sounds like a form of parent torture

4 Likes

Santa is still real tho. Just… clinging on to the dream…

3 Likes