Category’s for Pot Transfers

Hi,

Is there we can have category’s tagged onto transfers or withdrawals that we make to pots please?

So if I put £100 into a pot I’d like to categorise what it’s for. I know I can make notes but it’s not the same as a category.

Thank you

4 Likes

No. I agree it would be nice though.

1 Like

Can I ask why you’d want to add a category for a transfer into a pot, isn’t the pot name the ‘category’ in this instance? Makes sense for withdrawals for sure.

2 Likes

Mainly useful for when I transfer money into my Amex card pot if I’m honest. Useful to know what it’s for. The category would then show in my spend I’d imagine.

3 Likes

I want to vote this up! I’ve that option to “Round Ups” into my Saving POT but when I’m working on the CSV file I don’t have category for that.

It’d be great to be able to tag movement from your pots into your bank account as a category.
For example, I save up over the year enough money for all my car things, to even the load rather than taking a huge chunk out on service/MOT and insurance months. So I then move that money back into my account, and pay using that money. But, the movement is not categorised as ‘transport’ so doesn’t track into the category (net zero spend).
Just a small thing, but I think it would make a big difference.

1 Like

If you’re covering the spend with a pot move you can select the outgoing payment and scroll to the bottom of the transaction and select exclude from summary - this will make sure it doesn’t mess up your budgets.

I didn’t know you could do this, great thanks!

1 Like

Massively late dump but, I think this would be an amazing little feature. I know we can exclude payments from summary however, I would prefer to see everything for the month. Ideally this will include what pot/saving withdrawals are actually relevant to.