Categorise transaction needs confirmation prompt

When categorising a transaction, a number of times now I have accidentally pressed the button for ‘all past and future transactions’ which just completely messes up my whole history.

It would be great to have a confirmation prompt to prevent accidentally pressing this, or even move the button to somewhere less easily accessible.

1 Like

you’ve accidentally pressed the button for ‘all past and future transactions’ and then accidentally pressed done?

edit: for me Done is confirmation enough…

2 Likes

For me it just does it as soon as you press the ‘all past and future transactions’ button, there’s no confirmation. I just tried again to see if it’s changed in an update but it’s still the same.

Do you use iOS?

I use Android, Monzo version v5.54.1 ,and I have to effectively confirm the change by pressing Done…

1 Like

On iOS the “DONE” comes first, then you select one of the three options without a further confirmation.

Does it make sense on iOS? I would expect to press Done when I have finished, rather than pressing Done to effectively start the process of changing the category…

I think the Android implementation is probably better. It makes sense but could be better.

You essentially choose the category:

Then press “Done” to be presented with the options:

The “question” route for iOS is:

“I want to change the category”
“What do you want to change it to?”
“I want to change it to XXX”
DONE
“How many transactions are you wanting to change?”
“XXX transactions”

I have to admit I have once pressed all past and future and shrieked as I then had to manually find the previous ones and go back and edit them so I feel the pain of the OP.

1 Like

Ah yes this looks much better on android.