Cash withdrawal limit

My card withdrawal limits say £400. I have a joint and a single account. The max I can withdraw from my joint is £250 and from my single account it’s £150. It’s says transaction failed or limit exceeded if I try and take more. WTF is going on? Does Monzo spread the withdrawal limit across my two accounts and if so why does my limit still say £400 and not £250/£150?

Also, does anyone know how I can get more out? I’ve seen people mention temporary limit increases, is that really a thing and if it is why isn’t it in the help section?

It’s £400 per person, I believe. Presumably the other joint account holder could withdraw money for you?

If you search the help section of the app for “contact us” you should be able to initiate a chat.

1 Like

I’ve not seen temporary cash withdrawal limit increases - there’s no harm in asking though.

Personally if it’s a large cash purchase, I’d rather pay someone with my card / Paypal for better protection or bank transfer so I at least have proof of payment.

My husband has just withdrawn £250 from our joint account (on the same day), so I guess the card withdrawal limits are kind of nonsense!

It’s £400 per person not per account.

If you need to take a larger amount out for a specific reason you can contact chat and they’ll increase it for that day

Most banks have ATM limits. I don’t monzo’s are much different to the ‘average’.
As I’ve mentioned before the wife can get £1000 out of her NatWest but my highest is £500.
If I need a lot of cash I need to transfer to a bank which has counter services.
More often than not like others have said I will bank transfer or use my card.

2 Likes

Person specific not account specific.

Thanks everyone. I’ve been able to chat with support person by searching ‘contact us’ in the help area and they can provide a temporary increase.
I’ll suggest to them that the limits say “£400 per person” instead of per card/account

One more thing, I got caught out by the ATM limits too. The NatWest ATM must have had a limit (250?) but instead of telling me, it was just cancelling my request with no explanation. I then went to an RBS one and it said the ATM limit was £790. Job done now, got the money I needed!

Unfortunately, Monzo don’t have any control over ATMs. They’re managed by the bank that owns them.