Card rejected

(Dawid) #1

I tried to use my debit card first time in ScotiaBank cash machine - (the only one that doesn’t charge me 4.5GBP when taking cash), but unfortunately I got an error that my branch is invalid. I’m in Peru and prepaid card works all right. Any thoughts?

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #2

enable mag stripe for ATM withdrawals ??? :slight_smile:

(Dawid) #3

I searched for this option in Monzo Bank app, can’t find it?

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #4

under - card - settings - magstripe ATMs - on iPhone anyway - I would imagine the similar path with funny phones :slight_smile:

(Daniel McLoughlin) #5

For Scotiabank you never had to enable the magstripe for the prepaid card so I wouldn’t imagine that was the issue.

The other bank that does not charge that I have found so far is BCP but it only allows you to make one withdrawal per month.

(Dawid) #6

That is the case for Monzo App, not Monzo Bank - the option doesn’t exist on Android. And as @dan_mcloughlin said I didn’t have to to it for ScotiaBank for prepaid card. I also have no notifications with a reason or that my card has been rejected

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #7

sorry thought you were pre paid - so - Magstripe is not currently supported on Current Account, if as the following post from someone who has been to peru is correct you need to enable magstripe for some banks :slight_smile:

• perhaps worth contacting in app support before they close for the evening through the app ???

(Dawid) #8

Turns out ScotiaBank uses magstripe after all and it’s not available in the current account yet O_o, so unfortunately for now I need to use prepaid. You were right after all @iansilversides!

(Alex Alexiev) #9

I was in a similar situation in Morocco last week , again I got no notifications in the Monzo bank app for the reason for the decline. Tried 2 different ATMs.

The ATM message read something like “unknown destination”.

My friend’s prepaid worked and we checked - magstripe wasn’t turned on.

Any ideas/should I post a new thread?

(Dawid) #10

I was told it’s not a feature for Current Account Debit Card yet, meaning I can’t turn it on, so at the moment the card is useless to me because where I am most of places use magstripe

(Justin) #11

@triteata, thanks for your post, which saved me when I arrived in Marrakech as I knew to use my prepaid card!

(Alex Alexiev) #12

Glad you saw it in time. Hopefully, the culprit is found and fixed!

(system) #13

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.