Can't set up a scheduled payment to or from a pot

I’m trying to set up a scheduled payment to, and then from, a pot. I know I’ve done this before as I have several setup for payday and a weekly one from my grocery shopping pot. Apparently, that functionality isn’t allowed for some reason now because it’s greyed out.

I can’t find anywhere to actually contact Monzo to report or ask about this. Anyone have a clue?

Hi Michelle & welcome :wave:

To contact support:

• From the Home display, tap on ‘Help’ at the bottom-right
  • In the Search box, enter ‘Contacting Support’, then find the found subject (‘Contacting support’) and tap on it
  • Half-way down the article, tap on …‘chat with us in the app’

To schedule a payment to a pot:

• From Home, scroll horizontally to the intended pot
  • Drag down the feed, to reveal the icons under the card
  • Tap on ‘Add’, then ‘SET SCEDULED DEPOSIT’ at the bottom, then enter the required details to set up the scheduled movement of funds from your account into the pot

To schedule a payment from a pot:

• From Home, scroll horizontally to the intended pot
  • Drag down the feed, to reveal the icons under the card
  • Tap on ‘Withdraw’, then ‘SET SCEDULED WITHDRAWAL’ at the bottom, then enter the required details to set up the scheduled movement of funds from the pot into your account

If you have no funds available in your account, you may not be able to set up a scheduled payment into a pot.
If you have no funds available in your pot, you may not be able to set up a scheduled payment from the pot.

Thanks for this. Like I’ve said, I know how to do it because I’ve got several setup. There is no money in my account or the pot for the time being because I want to set a scheduled one up. Then there will be money in it lol.

Seems ridiculous that I can’t set up a scheduled payment to transferred money because I don’t have any money to play with at the moment. That’s why I want to SCHEDULE a payment. How dumb.

This is the issue you have. If you put funds into your account, you’ll be able to set-up a scheduled payment into a pot, up to the value of funds in your account. Then you’ll be able to do the same for your pot.

This could be logic applied in the historic :monzo: pre-paid card times which remains, but I can see why it works this way. Why would the app allow you to set up moving money you don’t yet have?

1 Like

Because I want to set up a payment for when I DO have money? I’m trying to get organised for pay day next week. I’m scheduling a payment so it’s being planned for the future. I have no idea why the money I have today should dictate why I can or can’t plan for money I may have tomorrow.

I’ve just moved £1 from another pot into my account so I can then set up a scheduled payment for way over £1. The fact that I have to have £1 in my account AND in the pot to do this is backwards.

I’m scheduling and planning for money I will have not that I have now.

1 Like

But we’re all customers here so :woman_shrugging: You can always create a suggestion thread here if there isn’t one so that people can vote for it

I think 1p would work also.

Oh goodness. That’s even more dumb then. Lol

This does seem a bit backwards.

Imagine it wouldn’t let you set up a direct debit because you didn’t have the money right now.

Yes, absolutely. It’s called a SCHEDULED payment, so let me SCHEDULE it lol