Buddies/Housemates debts settling up

Hi
i didnt find any other thread in this.
My idea is to provide a tool to set up groups of shared spending (housemates, trips with friends, family) where often people end up lending money each other (lets say i pay the bill at the restaurant for you, and you’ll buy toilet paper for everybody…).
The idea is already implemented in the Android/IOS app Settle-up.
The trick is to implement a similiar framework inside Monzo, so I am able to settle up debts (wire money) to my buddies using Monzo.

This sounds a lot like the idea that was earlier discussed today (in a random thread) -

If saving pots were available, you could set one up for each user / bill to make payments from & keep track of who owes what that way.

Saving pots for individual users have been discussed here -

& here -

they’re on the roadmap.

This is also the sort of feature that a 3rd party developer could develop. Splittable could connect to Monzo’s API & feed in transaction data to avoid manual data entry.

This is the app I’m using now. Would be nice to be able to settle up via Monzo

I don’t like the idea of pots, we have few control over it. I like to commit my contributions. Maybe I can have an alert when I reach to owe an amount (example 50quid) and dispose a payment

1 Like

Unluckily, Monzo is just for UK users, while Settle-up App is amazingly multi-currency! I dont know if they want to integrate Monzo’s API

Monzo are still testing EU and American cards AFAIK.

1 Like

Ben beat me to it -

Maybe not right now (the API isn’t ready yet anyway) but once Monzo has enough users to make it worthwhile (70k & counting) why not? :slight_smile:

This is (probably) all quite a long way off unfortunately, to be fair.

@alexs
As a developer, I would say is way easier and faster to build up a similar framework within Monzo

Maybe & maybe Monzo will build this feature but it has to fit into their product roadmap.

One way or the other, I expect you’ll eventually get the feature :slight_smile: since you’re a developer, maybe you’ll end up building it!