Bring custom photos to pots

But there’s no bare chested pic of Chris Hemsworth there…

4 Likes

What on earth are you saving up for?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s between me and my defence team when the attempted abduction charges come to court

:flushed:

4 Likes

Legal complications is my guess. If you upload pictures you don’t own, or pictures of a dodgy nature, Mozno as the host may be worried about their liability.

A comment I made in another thread, which I don’t think even got addressed, was why even host the user-selected pictures in the first place? The app is on my phone, I have pictures on my phone, why not just let me select one of those pictures? All done locally, nothing complicated, seems to solve all the problems. And if I log in to the app on a different phone or delete the picture? Just fall-back to a default pots image.

3 Likes

Hi

I love the pots. For the first time in as long as I can remember I have savings. I have a pot for everything, car, gadgets, rainy day etc.

I would be great to be about to put your own picture on the pots to personalize them more.

Keep up the great work

4 Likes

FYI. This has been discussed here;

1 Like

Does the picture need to mean anything? I mean who doesn’t need a picture of a bear chested Chris Hemsworth anywhere you can choose a picture haha

1 Like

Well that makes a change from bare chested! Hairy are they?

1 Like

I’m just tired and typed the wrong word :joy:

1 Like

Today I have often typed a correct word only to have my autocorrect alter it :frowning:

2 Likes

I agree, although I feel compared to the Monzo card illustration above it, it would look better with illustrations inside with a background colour. You may want to create 2 pots side by side as full width isn’t needed. Also, I can’t seem to edit the image once set.

Yes, great suggestion. If you’re concerned about weirdos uploading inappropriate images, then just find a third party stock imagery supplier that Monzo users can search. Since the imagery will be audited already, you guys at Monzo can rest easy knowing nothing iffy is being uploaded to Pots.

2 Likes

+1 for Unsplash. Even better if it chose/searched for one linked to what you name the pot.

I thought the same! Even just pictures of a pot with the name written accross the front!

Please add this.

Custom photos for pots is why most of my money is in Starling.

It means nothing to me to save money against a cassette tape or an orange rectangle. So I simply don’t use Monzo pots.

In Starling I can have a pot with an image that actually relates to each of the things I’m saving for. Result: there’s quite a lot of money over there now.

I don’t see what the legal implications could be though, only the user will see them. I upload all my photos to iCloud, Apple wouldn’t be responsible if I put something dodgy in my Photo Library. I would have thought it would just be a matter of Monzo making sure their T&Cs make explicit mention of the fact that you’re responsible for the Pots images and that they have to be yours/not inappropriate, etc.

The local thing would cause some friction and confusion for people with multiple devices I think. Having to load the image on each device to make thing look ‘pretty’ across the board seems not entirely practical to me, but I can see where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

What is inappropriate to some may not be to another :person_shrugging:t3:

Well I was going to say rude and then changed to inappropriate but I was thinking about putting something similar about what people deem inappropriate.

You could be having a body part augmented that you’re saving up for, a related image may be deemed as inappropriate to them but not to the user!

1 Like

They could encrypt the pot images with a key that is only on that person’s app - then they can’t be accused of storing any dodgy pics.

Or they could get a life and just deal with the 0.00000000001% of images that would be a problem.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d love support for custom pot images also! :slight_smile: