Blackberry OS10

Please, Please, Please Can you look at the possibility of developing an app for Blackberry OS10.
I am sure there are thousands of frustrated Blackberry users who have been forced down the Android/IOS routes.

and Windows, and Symbian Anna, and Symbian S60…the reality is they need to take into account what the largest market shares are of the phone operating systems. With most people buying Android, and a lot buying Apple, they will concentrate on those. It is too costly to develop apps for niche markets, particularly with BlackBerry in decline. There just are not enough people purchasing BlackBerry to make it an astute business decision.

4 Likes

Is that OS even maintained anymore? :joy:

1 Like

I saw someone on the tube with a BlackBerry the other day.

And I saw someone with a banana!

3 Likes

0.4% market share (BlackBerry, not the banana) https://www.statista.com/statistics/271243/blackberry-os-market-share-in-the-united-kingdom-uk/#0

2 Likes

Bananas probably have more marketshare than Blackberry. :joy:

3 Likes

Blackberry have abandoned this Operating System and have moved over to the Android platform so it wouldn’t really make sense to make a developer focus on this.

The alternative solution would be for them to develop some sort of web app which (if made for mobile also) would solve the problem of older devices not being able to use the main app

4 Likes

We manufactured our last BB10 and BBOS devices in 2015…
While we are pleased to announce continuing support for BB10 and BBOS users for at least another two years, current device owners should be aware that we will be closing some ancillary services such as the BlackBerry World app store (12/31/2019), the BlackBerry Travel site (February 2018), and the Playbook video calling service (March 2018).

:clock1: tick tock tick tock

1 Like

Couple people have done this now it looks like, first time I heard of it was some dude knocking one together for a Hackathon! Think it was possibly in a Monzo blog somewhere? :thinking: