Bill Tracker tells you when a regular bill changes!

This is great news! My Eon Energy direct debit is NEVER the same amount :frowning:

One more little thing which is tempting me to go #FullMonzo

All I need now is to be able to set direct debits and recurring card payments to come out of a pot so I can have all my bills almost instantly deducted from my salary, so I know what I can spend for the rest of the month!

1 Like

You don’t need them to come out of the pot. What you’ve described is exactly whats summary is designed to do.

It shows you the incoming salary, what bills and direct debits are scheduled and what you have to spend once those are deducted.

4 Likes

Agreed that it’s what summary should do, but right now I don’t necessarily trust it.

I want to be able to see a really clear breakdown somewhere on how it got to the decision it did that’s a little less confusing than how it does now. For example:

£300 left to spend -

• £1,000 income
  • £500 - SO XYZ
  • £100 - DD XYZ
  • £50 - DD XYZ
  • £50 - SO XYZ

So I can see and feel confident in spending that £300 and having nothing to worry about.

Right now I have no bills left this month, £326.60 in my balance and summary says I’m set to have £85 left over. How does it work that out?

Also I’d love a daily amount to spend. That’s how I tend to work with a spending budget.

I was firmly in the payments from pots group but now I’m wavering after seeing the way committed spending is now showing in summary. Not sure how it will predict regular cash payments or card payments that I have to initiate. Would need to get the weekly income sorted but I’m more open minded now

1 Like

Can’t believe people still rely/use/even look at that broken summary thing :roll_eyes:

#JustSaying

1 Like

I would agree to an extent but I choose to pay some of my bills manually rather than via direct debit. For certain credit cards this is better, and I pay my phone bills by Amex to get my Avios points.

So for me, unless summary can either be manually told “THIS IS A MONTHLY BILL” or it can recognise I sent Amex £50 a month on the same day to pay my bill, a pot works better for me.

(I’m inclined to allow us to edit some of summary information so that it’s more useful as a personal budgeting tool)

2 Likes

I was firmly in the payments from pots group but now I’m wavering

I’m very much in the payments from pots group.

• If money is in pots for bills I have to take a definite action to spend it (move it out of the pot).
  • If money is not in the pot I have to take a definite action not to spend it (check my “available to spend” report).

That plus, my income is not regular, so I want to trickle feed myself money, and the summary will never be right

(P.S. I still think this feature is a good one)

The new summary screen is suppose to do this automatically without you having to move anything around. Works well for me so far. it predicts the value of your bills from last months, or at least will do shortly. So what the actual left to spend figure is showing you is:

Salary - Bills & reoccurring payments

Hopefully it will improve over time :smiley: it’s already a lot better than when it left labs

1 Like

I would agree that some kind of notification control needs to be added to the list of features to be developed.

I think I read somewhere about there being an option to set card payments are reoccurring within summary. Although it’s not ready yet… Don’t quote me though.

Great if it is.

Also to alter direct debit/recurring payment amounts if known. If I know my credit card bill will be significantly less, I don’t want my summary to be completely off until that direct debit goes out.

Even worse if it’s going to be significantly more - summary immediately becomes useless as a tool to say I have “X” amount to spend because I know it’s banking on a direct debit being less than I know it will be.

1 Like

I also read this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is working for some and not for other direct debits for me. For example for my monthly phone bill, it’s perfect. I will see if I have to pay more or less than last month. But not working for PayPal. I have Monzo account as my primary payment method on PayPal and it appears as direct debit on Monzo. So every time I spend something on PayPal, naturally amount is different. And Monzo keeps telling me that it is less/more than before, which is meaningless.

@kennydude This is what I’m using IFTTT for. All bill money in a pot, and it withdraws the money for a bill to my main account for me, the day before the bill is due to go out. So the money is out of the way and won’t be spent, but I no longer need to manually move it back before the DD goes out.

Works perfectly for me. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that… I never looked at the Spending page (or whatever it was), a perfect waste of space in my usage.

With this functionality too, I’ll now catch any little variation to the Summary bills prediction so that’s pretty much all bases covered.

Same!

Some sort of log of removed messages would be super useful.

3 Likes

I love them. Monzo doesn’t know it’s me who’s made the transaction, does it?, so it’s a very handy heads up.