Bill splitting made simple 🎉

Me and my girlfriend (both on Monzo but not joint accounts) share subscriptions for things like Netflix and Play music. Payment comes from her account. If she marks the payment as a split bill will it be recurring for me and will I be able to mark it as committed spend in summary?

Edit: Will I get a notification every month to pay my share of the bill?

Splitting a bill is a one-off function. So it cannot be be recurring :slight_smile:

1 Like

This feels like it’s going to end up with philosophy

But if it’s a recurring bill that you always split it’s not a one off function

1 Like

Touché rainbow :laughing:

I wonder if it is something Monzo would do, or would they purposely not do it? Purely so that they can incentivise the opening of a joint account instead :man_shrugging::thinking:

1 Like

Thanks both. I actually knew that. Stupid moment. But it does raise some questions :joy::joy::joy:

I still don’t like that it says I have spent £60 total in a day when I’ve put £60 on my card and split the bill. I’ve personally only spent £30. Can the bill split incoming payment not be nested underneath the main transaction as well?

2 Likes

I’m having a moment. I was sure you could cancel a bill split and see your outstanding splits from the Shared tab. Can’t see either. I’m on iOS. :thinking:

Just checked (on ios) and yeah you still can.

In the pending bill splits you can click the transaction and edit it to cancel.

Annoyingly though you cant then re-split it if for example you calculated it up wrong and wanted to amend it

I know this is a very old comment but i think its hard to avoid the technicality here, you have spent the £60 afterall in your example.

But your running balance in main feed should counter the amount spend to show a net spend?

Where is pending bill split? I can’t see that anywhere

Share section of pay… just above your tabs

Ohhhh scratch this actually, dont know when they fixed this but happy they have :tada:

So weird. Doesn’t show for me