Bill splitting made simple 🎉

(Is Santa here yet?) #64

Works when you’ve selected someone but not after you’ve got to the request money screen

(Jolin) #65

I assume that’s a typo, and the person paying for the Coke should be prompted to pay £2.20? Or am I misunderstanding what is needed?

Correct! That’s a typo. It should be £2.20.

(Rob) #67

It’s a good idea, but like the member above said, what happens if you want to add people or delete people, you can not once you’ve gone past the Bill Splitting page.

(David I) #68

I cannot say how much I am looking forward to the bill splitting features, and I think the above covers most of the things I think will improve this massively.

This too. Should be fairly easy I think to streamline this into one screen.

Final nice to have:

• Edit split by allowing; adding extra people, changing amounts, removing people. Only “lock” an individual splitee when they have paid.

(Jai Sullivan) #69

I’m attempting to split a bill with somebody who’s not on Monzo, but I’m getting an error. Am I missing something obvious here? :thinking:

(Ataul) #70

Hi Jai, thanks for reporting this - it definitely looks fishy :flushed: we’ll take a look at this internally.

In the meantime, could you share your iOS app and OS version? Thanks!

(Jai Sullivan) #71

Hey Ataul, sure!

I’m running iOS 12.0.1 and the latest TestFlight build, 2.19.0.

(Robin Bilgil) #72

Hi @jaisullivan ! We’ve found the issue, it’s caused by a change that was shipped yesterday. Could you try your bill split again and see if it’s fixed now? :slight_smile:

(Jai Sullivan) #73

Speedy work @robinb! All seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help :raised_hands:t3:

(Matt C) #74

Can we please have the ability to nudge someone that we are waiting on money from? I sent a request a few days ago to my partner and I know that he probably won’t go back and see that he needs to accept it because it is too far down his feed now.

We still need the ability to split with non-Monzo users where you have no friends on Monzo at all.

(Sean) #76

Are you on the beta stream of the app? I believe this has been fixed in the latest version

I am. The only option I have is to share with nearby friends. I’ve reported this and was told it is a known issue.

(Nathan Steer) #78

Press next from the initial screen where you select monzo friends, the next page will allow you to select non monzo friends, on Android at least

Where?

(Jai Sullivan) #80

Yeah it’s not a great design. Hit next passed the ‘Contacts on Monzo’ screen and you should be able to add others as ‘Friend 1’ etc and split via a Monzo.me link. However, be mindful that once you request a split you can’t actually remove it at the moment.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were on iOS :man_facepalming:t2:

(Tom ) #81

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Just went through some old transactions where I split the bill, and have noticed some cheeky sods haven’t paid yet.

It would be really useful to have some kind of “Split the bill hub” where you can see everything in one place.

(Nathan Steer) #82

Oh, interesting :confused: I have this in my app on Android and when I press next I get the option to add a non-monzo friend

The only option I have is nearby friends nothing else