Big few weeks coming up for Monzo - guesses?

I’m maybe not a typical user, but this is a bit underwhelming to be honest. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I did rather hope that it would be something which might have a positive impact on my Monzo usage.

If I recall correctly, the last thing Monzo did which had a positive impact for me was to change from prepaid to current account. Ever since then there have been some half baked additions (none of which have had any effect on my Monzo use so far), so I’m hoping for something more in the next few weeks. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Have Monzo actually relased a statement today as the Tweet implies?

If it’s a US launch they’ll be waiting until the US is fully awake.

1 Like

Couple of years yet, then :joy:

21 Likes

My guess would be around 4 or 5 pm UK time

2 Likes

Monzo come and tell us what is going on please

Especially if the team are in LA, PST timezone.

1 Like

I believe they are launching from Las Vegas so time there is 06:50

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/british-digital-bank-monzo-announce-081419318.html

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Forbes article has a bit more information about the :us: rollout.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Oh hey. They are starting straight with Debit Cards. Nice.

1 Like
2 Likes

You need better information :grin:

7 Likes

Spent today figure should be 16.60

12 Likes

“The Monzo Mastercard Debit Card is issued by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.”

The text in the ‘country switcher’ needs changing to black so it is legible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

From the article Monzo wrote

"Monzo isn’t a bank in the US yet, so we’ll be working with a partner bank to make sure that your money’s safe (it’ll be fully FDIC-insured). "

Not necessarily;

Monzo isn’t a bank in the US yet, so we’ll be working with a partner bank to make sure that your money’s safe (it’ll be fully FDIC-insured).

Sutton bank?

1 Like