Big few weeks coming up for Monzo - guesses?

Yes, Sutton bank

1 Like

Isnā€™t Sutton Bank in Yorkshire?

1 Like

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.4567064c9fdd8987122e7979d86a6d85&pid=Api&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FRhhr8D5mKSX7O%2Fgiphy.gif&ehk=mhc52isxnbuV5I%2FC6UV3%2BA

Why does it say they dont charge for overdraft fees

2 Likes

1 Like

Might not charge for overdraft in the US :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Oh overdraft being free is very interesting

Will UK end up subsidising US benefits?

Fee != interest?

1 Like

No loans, and possibly no overdraft fees - so not much profitability to had as of right now (albeit the US is a gold-mine for ATM fees) so I doubt the UK will subsidise (especially seeing as Monzo arenā€™t even profitable yet).

5 Likes

I would suggest if they said no overdraft fees then they intend to offer overdraft

Though I guess technical they could say there are no overdraft fees if they never offer them but that would be a little cheeky

Meant no overdraft fees*

1 Like

What happened to IBAN/SWIFT?

1 Like

We have our answer then, turns out the community is all knowing with 78% getting the right answer:

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t it be a thing if Monzo floored Simple in the US, after the ā€˜Safe-to-Spendā€™ debacleā€¦

I like the thinking; ā€œItā€™s OK to have a pop at us regarding a phrase and weā€™ll back down. Then weā€™ll invade your market place and take your businessā€. Admirable.

Right, thatā€™s one thing sorted.

So when do we find out the rest of the announcements?

:eyes:

8 Likes

Will we get referral for US sign-ups? Hope so .

:eyes:

1 Like

Being acquired by Amazon/ Google/ Apple for 10 billion of your Earth pounds?

If itā€™s just expansion into the US then itā€™s very anticlimactic :-1:

Still baffles me that we hear from all the news outlets first before our own bank tells us too :exploding_head:

5 Likes

The blog came out at the same time as the media. Earlier there were a few ā€˜rumoured to be announcing later todayā€™ stories with no real info.

Not sure what you expected, the tweet was about big news for Monzo and the US launch is huge for Monzo as a business

7 Likes