Better way to balance your money in Trends is here ⚖️

Basically it needs to work like a decent calendaring app, doesn’t it?

(Also: please privately publish my past and expected transactions as a calendar I can subscribe to).

5 Likes

Day 2 of the rollout and still no sign :pensive:

Monzo need a big rollout counter showing how far they’re through. Similar to the one they had on their homepage to track account openings but in reverse of course :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

still no new trends … but since im not part of the clique no one will care

2 Likes

Someone somewhere must care :face_holding_back_tears: Seems a very slow roll out don’t expect anything until Monday now TBH :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think these roll outs usually take weeks rather than days. And hardly ever any on the weekends (I think that Monzo engineers keep an eye on them to make sure that nothing bad is happening as the load increases).

It’s a bit rubbish, but hold on in there. It’s in Monzo’s best interest to get it to everyone asap.

(And I feel your pain: most roll outs I’ve been living on here vicariously whilst others have all the new things).

2 Likes

In other new Trends news, here’s an excellent bit of attention to detail. I’ve been a bit critical of Monzo for not going far enough to spark joy, but here’s an excellent counter example: the Pluse line changes colour to reflect the account you’re looking at!

Here’s a bold orange for Sainsbury’s bank:

Screenshot_20220813-100802_Monzo

And a deep blue for Nationwide:
Screenshot_20220813-100923_Monzo

And a not-quite-as-impactful grey for Monzo Premium:

Screenshot_20220813-101003_Monzo

These only show when you’ve just got the one account selected.

12 Likes

Is there a ‘pecking order’ I wonder on who gets the updates first? Length of time since account has been open? Full Monzo customers? Random? Alphabetical order? Whoever wrote something nice about Monzo on Trustpilot?

1 Like

I think that it’s random, but potentially weighted to make sure there is a good cross section of user types (different OS etc). I don’t think it’s a reward system - it’s just to avoid things falling over by turning everything on all at once.

5 Likes

Another case of the plus members getting the nicest UI! Which I’m all for, being a plus member. I love the blues.

4 Likes

I think I prefer the in app gradients for Premium. And I do like the Premium app icon.

But Plus Flex card is the undisputed champion of Flex cards. It’s beautiful.

1 Like

Almost certainly; you wouldn’t want to bias it and kid yourself it’s going to work better that it in reality will. Would be nice if they put this stuff into labs though so anyone who wants to get it can; I’d imagine past a certain point in any rollout the number of people who would dig it out of labs and enable it would be minuscule.

2 Likes

Looks good, I’m still waiting for this update to be pushed to me will hopefully have it soon.

3 Likes

Yep looking good and realised I now have this on my plus account.

2 Likes

Question for Monzo @avb @AlanDoe

Is the pace of rollout cause it’s manual vs automated? I’m guessing this is so you can check things work as they should before pushing it to everyone?

Thanks for the hard work and looking forward to testing it out

6 Likes

It’s manual, we set a minimum app version and a % of users who should get access. Once we’re happy with how one phase of the rollout is looking, we up the % again

It’s a little complicated by experiment setup on top of it as well, but that’s mostly the gist of it

Which means, as a few of you have called out, we don’t rollout further over the weekends (as we’re not working) leading Monday to be a day we often look at increasing the rollout after a bunch of data from the weekend

22 Likes

Hey thanks for the reply.

That makes sense and what I was expecting to see.

Good luck with the rollout, looking forward to trying it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day #3

Morning check :no_entry_sign: :no_good_man:

1 Like

It’s all about Monday (and weekdays)!

2 Likes

A couple more thoughts from me:

• A future iteration that brought some more smarts would be amazing. For example, I have a 0pc credit card I’m paying off over time. On the Monzo account side Pulse sees the payment out and predicts it, but although the data is in Monzo to know about it, the connected credit card doesn’t predict the payment coming in.

• I think I’m struggling a bit with the Total Money In and Total Money Out figures. They don’t mean anything to me, instead I find myself wanting three high level figures: income (salary, interest, bonuses etc all of which have different categories), bills (basically my standing orders and direct debits) and discretionary payments (more or less my card purchases).

• I find myself wanting to see total savings balances (with graph) on the Balance page too.

• I also find myself wanting to tap Estimated Balance and see a breakdown / list of future transactions that have generated the calculation. And even add ones I know are coming up.

6 Likes

Good luck to everyone in the big Pulse lottery.

May @avb smile on you this day. :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes