Best iOS Email App?

Edison is one considering! It has some great gesture and 3D Touch functionality.

I quite like Edison Mail on iOS.

I’m still mad that Slack bought, and then shut down Astro. It was so good.

1 Like

This is a bit of an internet myth. It all started on Reddit when one thread blew up with a whole load of misinformation and misunderstanding.

Ultimately, pretty much every third party email app has a similar privacy policy to spark. If you want push notifications, you need to give access to the email app to “eee” your emails.

If privacy is your concern, the stock mail app is pretty much the only option.

3 Likes

There are two threads on reddit. The original is two years old, the more recent last year.

Airmail Ts&Cs are very similar to Spark, for example.

If privacy is your concern, default mail app is your only option.

Noooo

I actually hate slack a little more now #unpopularopinion

I’m waiting for them to finally release Edison for Mac, it’s been forever!

Security in email apps - nice ‘hot take’ https://daringfireball.net/2019/07/superhuman_and_email_privacy

Note: the latter paragraphs are the telling ones.

And, because this is how the internet works (how did they know we were discussing this!!): https://thesweetsetup.com/3-troubling-trends-we-see-in-ios-email-apps-2/

This. I’ve tried a few other email apps, including Outlook, Mailbox (before Dropbox bought it) and a few others, but few offered anything I couldn’t already get from Apple Mail.

1 Like

If only they had snooze options… that’s all that stops me.

1 Like

Huge fan of Outlook on iOS, I’ve used all the options and its definitely the best. The app Microsoft bought to turn into it was brilliant, and Sunrise, the calendar app they bought too, was also one of the best. I like that it only notifies for ‘Important’ emails, and you can easily recategorise emails, or quickly archive them or move them to folders without much hassle.

I’ve even gone to Outlook for Mac, it used to have a reputation as a battery and memory hog but it works really nicely these days.

Both Mac and iOS versions support dark mode now too which is great.

2 Likes

I use the Outlook app for both work & personal (gmail) I find it clean, easy to use and very intuitive.

1 Like