BBC Rebrand

I have to say though, I do really like the new logos. They’re simple, clean and reflect what each service does.

I know they’re a bit W1A, but meh, they look great.

4 Likes

It feels a bit like the iPlayer is missing the bottom of the P because it would have required four blocks of colour, not three.

The rest of them I quite like :joy:

It’s all just a bit meh.

Animated little logo/icons and bold colour sets seems to be all too common now.

I like weather and sports. I guess bitesize logo could represent books on a shelf?

Really not keen on iPlayer and Sounds though. I get that it’s meant to be a play button but it’s a really weird disproportionate one, and really not sure what the three random blocks for sounds are meant to be

1 Like

No I agree, iPlayer is the weakest of the lot, but I’m not really sure how they could have done it better. I think it’s because it’s the only one that uses negative space to communicate its symbol?

I’ve interpreted it as sound waves.

1 Like

I assumed it was meant to be a stylised play symbol!

3 Likes

The weather looks like it’s got buffering issues

2 Likes

I thought it was a triangle!

none of those symbols represent what they are for to me, except perhaps weather (although if it’s supposed to be a sun it should be yellow).

Well I never. It doesn’t look like the play symbol either. Looks like some weird mouth about to eat the black hole surrounding the logo. Or maybe it’s already eaten it and has been subsumed into the black hole, or the other way around

Or something.

1 Like

What’s the sport one meant to be?

I think the bite size one is a good representation of books on a shelf.

Just shows how subjective all this is! At the end of day as long as what I use the BBC for works and is easy to use then I don’t really give a damn about what it looks like.

Which is why I hate the sounds app so ruddy much :joy:

League table?

Staggered starting blocks?

1 Like

A rotated bar chart. Which we all agree is the best chart.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: nope

1 Like

TV licesning is in deperate need of an overhaul, having the option of a black and white license in the age of 4K is absolutely ridiculous. It’s pretty poor value for me - Netflix is £9.99 a month and I watch it most nights, the license fee is £13 and I watch it about once a month.

1 Like

To me it’s meant to represent speed – see also Hermes logo

1 Like

:thinking:

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 17.07.33

1 Like

:thinking:

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 17.11.16

Representation of a speaker cone, I think :loud_sound: