Barclays chat

Yes, assuming that your net pay is simply your gross pay less NI and income tax. The majority of people have other deductions, too, such as pension contributions. This is what Barclays is allowing for.

6 Likes

I can’t really see any worthwhile benefits to Barclays premier account. Am I missing something apart from card design and better internet rates?

1 Like

No you’re not

5 Likes

No, there isn’t anything beneficial other than what you’ve mentioned. At least with the HSBC equivalent you get free worldwide travel insurance.

1 Like

For the 3,300. Does it say where it have to come from? Could you withdraw and add until you get to that amount?

1 Like

I’m thinking that, but is it worth it to mess up your transaction list, just for a glossy apparently not very nice card.

1 Like

Or get a payment held up :joy:

1 Like

Yes, that makes sense, I never implied anything else. I just said that the net pay for £75k/year gross is ~£4.3k/month net

That image is from a salary calculator website.

1 Like

Interesting thread. Some thoughts to add:

When I applied I was honest about salary which is just under the threshold. This was after having supplied this info opening up a standard account. It was upgraded there and then, but took a few days for the card to arrive.

My main reason was at the time I was using Barclays for the rainy day saver and I really don’t like the blue. So the black card would go well with my FD one.

Someone noted is it worth it? Potentially yes, the phone service is excellent - but only really if you have and use Barclays anyway. HSBC premier is better, in so far as at least you get pretty decent worldwide travel insurance for free.

Regarding the £20 thing - when I opened it I read the T&C which said something along the lines of “we’ll give you 12 months grace and then review eligibility” and only then charge you the £20 per month if you don’t meet them

2 Likes

whats the barclays banking app like ,

Rainy day saver 5% still have limit of £5000 with premier account?

2 Likes

Yes, that saver has no connect to premier at all really.

With premier you got a slightly higher ISA but not, in my opinion, worth it.

1 Like

Has anyone come across the ‘Wealth Hub’ in the Barclays app yet? Just spotted this so I assume it’s new.

It sets out your Barclays assets and liabilities to give you a ‘Net Wealth’ figure. For me, this includes:

• current account balance (+ve)
  • everyday saver balance (+ve)
  • remaining mortgage balance (-ve)
  • property value (+ve)

Obviously this works as I have a mortgage with Barclays.

Interestingly, they’ve uplifted the asset value of the property (I guess in line with the market?) over the initial mortgage amount which is a nice, albeit indicative, feature.

If anyone is more adept at redacting screen grabs, perhaps they could post a couple of images?

Something similar would be wonderful in the Monzo app - I’m a big fan of this central ‘hub’ concept.

4 Likes

Anyone get a text from Barclays saying they’re going to be at a location and if I’ve got any queries to pop in and speak with them about it? I just got one.

Wondering because of all the branch closures, as well as the impending ones they’ve set up little pods in various towns and cities to discuss banking queries with customers who want to meet in person?

1 Like

That’s right, so like a mobile banking hub they can move around to service customers.

Got to be fair cheaper than the brick and mortar.

1 Like

Also Barclays Van

2 Likes

They are at a library near me two days a week after closing the branch, the Barclays branch finder shows all these locations as well as full branches.

2 Likes

Regularly in Grand Central, above Birmingham New Street station.

2 Likes

Here, just patiently waiting until the day Barclays decides to update it’s Barclaycard app

I do not understand why Barclays has two apps! Why not just have the Barclays app? Funnily enough I use the Barclaycard app (which is a carbon copy of the Barclays app) on my tablet because Barclays does not have a Barclays tablet app on android!

1 Like