Barclays chat

I’ve been given a 0002 error on the Barclaycard app for a month now. The only way to get around it is to call Barclaycard. The other day it was an expected 40 min wait time, the previous 3 times I’ve called I’ve been on hold 20-25 mins and then gave up. It’s utterly ridiculous in my view to be waiting so long.

Can log in to my web account fine, but cannot use the app. Complained and they simply stated I need to call and that’s that, or contact them using the app…. Which I can’t get into… :rage:

Will be saying bye to Barclaycard as a result. I get sometimes you have to wait, but it seems impossible to speak to someone the multiple times I’ve called.

3 Likes

I would try reinstalling the app.

3 Likes

Yeah, when the Barclays app breaks like this you need to reinstall and set it up again from scratch. No other way around it.

Even if you call, that’s what they’ll tell you to do.

1 Like

I wasted near an hour on Monday ringing Barclays trying to sort an ‘RP002’ error code, to finally be told to go into branch to fix app. I basically laughed on phone, she had tried all could she could so cut call abruptly saying best go to branch they will sort, crazy, as it was tech suppprt I had called. Anyway fixed it by registering a different phone number(wife’s), and had all up and running in 2 minutes.

Yup. It seems to be the most unstable app in terms of random errors and also super sluggish.

Does the job just about though. Can’t say I’d star if the interest rate dropped.

2 Likes

Looks like Google Pay support may be finally coming…

5 Likes

About time…

The new Avios Barclaycards do not work with their contactless mobile app. So if you have android and use Barclays Avios there is no way to pay with your phone currently.

2 Likes

My guess is that might be why they’ve now decided to support Google Pay. Instead of adding Mastercard support to their own app (needed for the Avios card), they may have just decided its just easier (and better long term) to support Google Pay.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you have to have a Barclays Current Account to open their 1 year Flexible Cash ISA Issue 36? Their documentation on this is ambiguous.

1 Like

At the bottom it says “New to Barclays” with steps

2 Likes

Am I missing something obvious with Barclay card - with all my other credit cards you could pay off the balance as incurred. With this it looks like I have to wait under the next payment is due?

Hi, I have always been able pay off my barclaycard anytime I wanted. Is transaction still pending by any chance?

1 Like

You can pay it off in advance but the option isn’t the most obvious. Click “Pay another sum” or something to that effect?

3 Likes

“Other amount” should work as others say here, but if it doesn’t then you can always do a bank transfer. Bank details are on your statement under “ways to pay”, and triple check all the details :grimacing:

4 Likes

Closed my forward account. Had it for about 5 years received one increase in that time to £900. Have Amex/Lloyds cards with much higher limits but as it was oldest card wanted to keep it.

Have seen tons of customers online get upgraded to a rewards card and such but I’ve never had the option and even when closing it they couldn’t offer it.

If what other experiences are occur, in 6 months time I’ll be offered a platinum if I applied :joy: for some reason they just don’t want me as a customer currently

Do Barclaycard reward cardholders get balance transfer offers? Or is that a platinum card feature only (as I suspect it is). Customer services cannot answer this :upside_down_face:.

Everyone gets balance transfer offers, all the time! (if they are eligible etc I guess). I have a standard Barclaycard Visa and the send me letters and emails all the time.

1 Like

I get balance transfer offers every month without fail.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks all! For those on the Rewards card and the other Barclaycards, are your transfer offers similar to the ones for Platinum? I’m currently seeing 0% till October 2024.

I’ve not used a balance transfer, not sure if I’ll ever have the need to, but for some reason I like to have the option without opening a new card :sweat_smile:.

The platinum offers are largely introductory only. You get them when you get the card. Lose them when they expire or you use it.

You’ll probably never see offers like those again after that.

I’ve had mine (platinum) for over a decade. Never had any besides the introductory one.

The other ones you get I believe aren’t card specific. It’s why the platinum is a pretty poor offer after the two years are up (assuming you get the max).