Barclays chat

They may or may not hear from their bank. They can follow it up with their bank though to speed it up.

Will just need more checks. Doing the small test thing is daft if the details are correct. Two consecutive payments to a new payee is bound to get a look in, especially these days.

It’s usually ok if it’s in your own name.

1 Like

Sadly it’s one of those family members who will do the “test” no matter what (including confirmation of payee lol)

Reckon they’ll ring tomorrow

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to mention given the thread name - but I was looking for people with Barclays experience!

1 Like

I did wonder (no Barclays account here :upside_down_face:).

I’ve changed this to Barclays specific cos most banks seem to have their own thread these days

Anyway - noticed a strange bug with merchant logos. It’s picking up the one of the merchant below yet is correct when you

actually click in.

Yes, it’s been happening to me for months

3 Likes

1 Like

I’ve been given a 0002 error on the Barclaycard app for a month now. The only way to get around it is to call Barclaycard. The other day it was an expected 40 min wait time, the previous 3 times I’ve called I’ve been on hold 20-25 mins and then gave up. It’s utterly ridiculous in my view to be waiting so long.

Can log in to my web account fine, but cannot use the app. Complained and they simply stated I need to call and that’s that, or contact them using the app…. Which I can’t get into… :rage:

Will be saying bye to Barclaycard as a result. I get sometimes you have to wait, but it seems impossible to speak to someone the multiple times I’ve called.

3 Likes

I would try reinstalling the app.

3 Likes

Yeah, when the Barclays app breaks like this you need to reinstall and set it up again from scratch. No other way around it.

Even if you call, that’s what they’ll tell you to do.

1 Like

I wasted near an hour on Monday ringing Barclays trying to sort an ‘RP002’ error code, to finally be told to go into branch to fix app. I basically laughed on phone, she had tried all could she could so cut call abruptly saying best go to branch they will sort, crazy, as it was tech suppprt I had called. Anyway fixed it by registering a different phone number(wife’s), and had all up and running in 2 minutes.

Yup. It seems to be the most unstable app in terms of random errors and also super sluggish.

Does the job just about though. Can’t say I’d star if the interest rate dropped.

2 Likes

Looks like Google Pay support may be finally coming…

5 Likes

About time…

The new Avios Barclaycards do not work with their contactless mobile app. So if you have android and use Barclays Avios there is no way to pay with your phone currently.

2 Likes

My guess is that might be why they’ve now decided to support Google Pay. Instead of adding Mastercard support to their own app (needed for the Avios card), they may have just decided its just easier (and better long term) to support Google Pay.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you have to have a Barclays Current Account to open their 1 year Flexible Cash ISA Issue 36? Their documentation on this is ambiguous.

1 Like

At the bottom it says “New to Barclays” with steps

2 Likes

Am I missing something obvious with Barclay card - with all my other credit cards you could pay off the balance as incurred. With this it looks like I have to wait under the next payment is due?

Hi, I have always been able pay off my barclaycard anytime I wanted. Is transaction still pending by any chance?

1 Like

You can pay it off in advance but the option isn’t the most obvious. Click “Pay another sum” or something to that effect?

3 Likes