Automatically transfer income to a pot

Hey all,

I have a second job and want to put the weekly wage from that into a pot. Is there any way to set something up so that whenever the payment from [2nd job] goes into my account it can be automatically transferred into a pot?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. Your only option at the moment is a weekly ‘standing order’ type transfer for the day you get paid but that only works if the day and amount are the same every week.

Thank you. The day is the same but the income isn’t. Did look for a IFTTT, but at the moment none suit :frowning:

Yes, there’s nothing income related there from memory. Hopefully that will change one day.

2 Likes

Would love something like this as well but as Mike said it seems it’s not available at the moment, holding on for when something pops up though!

1 Like

I have used IFTTT/webhooks/iOS shortcuts so I now have a single widget button on my phone that moves everything into pots once I know I have been paid.

My salary does not fluctuate much so I know how much will be moved around each time.

It’s not automatic but it’s a one button process. :+1:t2:

I did look into that but my income from this jobs changes massively so I cannot say for certain how much I would get. I do transfer it manually at the moment but it would be nice if it just automatically went into a pot and I didn’t see it

Yeah it would be good if income had a category the same as outgoing does.

I’m a big fan of getting into my banking app as often as I can – means I always have a handle on the money I have in the bank. Setting stuff up to trigger automatically might mean you take less active interest in your money, and lose sight of your budget and spending.

Just my perspective.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.