ATMs that charge a fee

Just a note - whilst at Glastonbury I used an ATM that said it would charge £2.50 for each withdrawal. This fee wasn’t passed on to me - and the £100 withdrawn hit my Mondo feed as just £100.

This isn’t the first time this has happened - but I just assumed the times before were flukes.

What’s going on here? Can we happily ignore those “this ATM will charge £nn” warnings?

It said “It would” or “It could”? I’ve noticed some ATM saying that “your card issuer may charge you for this transaction”. I think that depends on the card type (BIN number) but Mondo/Wirecard do not charge you.

Some ATM are actually a bit more like cash vending machines, and those do charge a fee on top of your withdrawal, in a single transaction.

Most ATMs I’ve used with Mondo say “your card issuer may charge a fee” but this one was quite specific - displaying the message:
“This ATM charges £2.50 for cash withdrawals”.

Same here, my local machine does not charge my Mondo card but it does my Metrobank card.

Could it be because is a prepaid?

It’s possible that the £2.50 fee could be charged separately.

Sounds like a fixed fee due to the ATM being in a convenient location rather than anything to do with it being a Mondo/prepaid card.

Another possibility could be that Mondo is accidentally/intentionally eating those fees without passing them on to us.

I’ve noticed this too. All my nearest ATMs are in corner shops and charge £1.75 to withdraw but I get told “Your bank may charge you etc.” but with Mondo I’ve never been charged the £1.75, my normal bank card does add the charge.

I also get the “Your bank may charge” when I use my foreign card and my bank does indeed charge for it (international transaction fees plus the £1.75)…

The amount has never hit my balance, for the most recent or any of the charging ATMs I’ve used before.

However…
Was it something I said? Tried using an ATM in Shoreditch today that proudly says on the front screen it charges £1.88 per withdrawal. I’ve used this one before with Mondo. Today, I wasn’t presented with a ‘Withdrawal’ option, only ‘PIN Change’, ‘PIN Unblock’ and ‘Balance’. I tried another round the corner, same brand, same issue. Had to walk up to Tesco to withdraw money, which I was able to do without a hitch.

Has someone cottoned on? Why wasn’t I given the option to withdraw cash?

I’ve noticed the same. Done a few withdrawals from ATMs with a fee recently and never been charged with the transaction or later on.

I’ve just noticed this too

You’re not being charged the fee, or it doesn’t work?

I used one of those exact same ones in shoreditch, no charge even though it states £1.88 - I did test it and it showed a charge when I used my Barclays card but not my Monzo.

Another one I used was when I was in Ilford for a few hours. It said it will charge £2.50, then proceeded to tell me that my “card issuer may also charge a fee on top of the ATM fee charge”. I agreed and it only ended up charging the withdrawal amount :slight_smile:

I think maybe it’s a glitch with the ATM’s? Maybe if it’s a prepaid card then they think most will charge for atm’s anyway and for some reason they don’t add on the ATM charge.

I used an ATM in my local newsagent and it didn’t charge me the £1.99 it was supposed to, as far as I can see…

After taking money out from an atm that said “your bank may charge a fee”, On the entry in the app for atm withdrawal, it says at the bottom “transaction pending to atm name 3 GBR” , will this eventually come out?

As far as I understand Monzo do not charge a fee to withdraw cash -

-however the ATM may do, there are somewhere in the region of 18000 “Link” ATMs still in the UK that charge anywhere between £1.5 and £10 to access your cash as part of a “service” that they provide - nothing to do with Monzo making a charge - but something everybody should be aware of most high street bank ATMs do not charge for this service …yet …

This one definitely doesnt charge a fee because i have used it for years with my other cards, is this footnote just an anomaly?

your best bet is to chat to “in app support” if you think you have been charged a fee that should not have been charged - and they will be able to answer you

Its not been charged yet, but i will do if it does thanks!

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unnecessary language choice on British ATMs