Article - Why going 'full Monzo' can damage your credit score

3 within the past 12 months. My score consistently has returned 588/700 for the past 12 months on Credit Karma.

I got a new day amazon card with a score in the 560’s. Score doesn’t matter, it’s about the entire report. I only have a monzo account.

If you have poor credit default ect then you won’t get any think they last a long time. You might get a credit builder but that’s a maybe.

That’s not true at all.

Defaults will impact getting credit depending on how old they are also ccj will not help at all so it is true also monzo won’t give you an overdraft if you have default on credit I know as I have a family member how tried to get an overdraft but could not.

You said one thing in your first comment and now your saying a totally different thing in your second one.

Yes it will impact their decision making but not all lenders will reject you as a result. You just might pay a higher APR for example. You will not get rejected by everyone as per your first comment.

Depends on what and how the company check with and it depends on if you have any default but not a lot of credit card or off company accept a person with CCJ and high loans ect.

I don’t want to be rude but I guess English isn’t your first language? A lot of what you’re saying on here isn’t making much sense. For example, in this instance you’re now repeating exactly what I said which is now contradicting your original argument.

Please read posts carefully and if they don’t make sense just ask. There is no shame in it and people will be happy to help. Or perhaps you could use a translation service such as google.translate.com :slight_smile:

I don’t need google to help and English is my first Language I don’t know what you are thinking but I giving my opinion Credit scores are they to help companies but if you default on payments that’s stays they you may or may not pay more out for some think but it becomes more harder to get credit of all sorts and you can not say that is not true as I know I been they.

OK apologies for that.

I can see that you’re still missing the point and we’re not getting anywhere. Let’s leave it here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do you feel about this now?

What do you mean? That was a recent comment from yesterday - my views haven’t changed.

2 Likes

I just wondered as it’s changed since your comment and now Experian is in the mix. You said you didn’t want that, so I wondered how you felt about it now.

I commented over here:

More generally, I don’t like the credit reference system. But I understand why Monzo is incentivised to play along. Ideally, I’d like a system where my data genuinely belonged to me and I had discretion over who handles it and for what purposes. As I said above, I’d prefer for Monzo to send the minimum of my data to the minimum of organisations. But others have different views. And, for many, the current system (not Monzo, the way credit works in the UK) makes that very difficult.

1 Like

I am getting the point I think that like you say leave it they

I checked this with Monzo, and this is what they replied:

“When you open an account we run a soft credit check. This leaves a “soft footprint” on your credit report, meaning that it’s not something lenders are allowed to take into account when making lending decisions. You can read more about this on our blog.
We currently report to At the moment we only report to TransUnion (previously known as CallCredit). We chose TransUnion after carrying out a due diligence process with all the major credit reference agencies and deciding they were the best fit for us.
In the long run we aim to report to multiple credit reference agencies so we give our customers the best chances of being able to borrow but we’re not quite there yet.
Until we do, Monzo will only show up on your TransUnion credit report which you can view by logging into your Credit Karma account.
So you know, each agency has their own scorecards on how they estimate a customer’s credit score and certain factors on a credit file might weigh more favourably/negatively in one credit agency’s scorecards over another’s.
If you’d like to learn more about credit scores you can check out this blog post here. And this blog post here will tell you how to build your credit score. Let me know if you have any questions about this — I’d be happy to explain.”

So I guess the answer is technically yes. If you’re trying to get a mortgage or loan, and the lender doesn’t use the same credit agency that Monzo use, then you may be unable to borrow from that lender. So dependent on your immediate circumstances, it might be better to stick to your current traditional bank until Monzo increases, at the very least, to Experian.

This is out of date, isn’t it?

1 Like

Is it?? That’s what one of their agents told me on the chat… either way, I’ve gone running back to my traditional bank, and opted out of full Monzo for now.

Shame; it looked interesting.

Yep, that COp’s information is out of date :slightly_smiling_face:

Your credit’s going to take a real hit opening and closing accounts like that.

2 Likes