Are there more Doors or Wheels in the world?

This is not Monzo specific but there seems to be a huge divide.

Which is there more of in the world?
  • Doors
  • Wheels

0 voters

1 Like

This is a wheely interesting question and it opens the door to see how people approach this sort of question.

5 Likes

5 Likes

What is a door? What is a wheel? Is a human-sized gap in a wall, which touches the floor, considered a door? Or is it only a wooden/metal/glass slab that fills the gap considered a door? Sliding doors? Are double doors one or two doors? How can mirrors be real if our eyes arenā€™t real?

I was certain but now I am not. So many questions, so few answers.

1 Like

I loved this Twitter thread so much.

Iā€™m team #wheel. Wheels are everywhere thereā€™s like 50 of them in my curtain rail

4 Likes

Iā€™m team #wheel too. Most cars have 4 wheels and 4 doors. Equal so far. But they have a steering wheel and most have a spare wheel too. On the surface, buildings have more doors but thereā€™s an awful lot of behind-the-scenes wheels in buildings.

1 Like

Most buildings have more than 10 doors. But there are dozens of gear wheels in every car (ICE cars).

1 Like

Team Door for sure :door:

Cupboard doors is definitely a huge multiplier in the numbers game :chart_with_upwards_trend:

3 Likes

This should be a splatfest in Splatoon 3. Iā€™m team doors too.

#TeamWheels

You can count all the kitchen cupboards, cat flaps and wardrobes that you like, but thereā€™s wheels in all drawers, your mouse, anything mechanical will have them in. Itā€™s a landslide!

1 Like

Wheels, surely?

2 Likes

Do all the lego wheels count? Arenā€™t they the biggest manufacturer of wheels in the world?!

Does a boot in a hatchback count? Arguably theyā€™re marketed as a 5 door, but what about fly wheel, or similar :exploding_head:

What if a doorā€™s not closed, then itā€™s a jar.ā€¦ :thinking:

Thereā€™s wheels in your mouse? Are you living in 1992?

4 Likes

Mine has a ball for your thumb for movement!

Not many options for ergonomic left handed ones that arenā€™t terrible.

Would the middle scroller count as a wheel?

3 Likes

It is called a scroll wheel after all! I am slowly coming around to team wheelā€™s arguments

4 Likes

Thinking about it, thereā€™s usually 1 or 2 cars to a household, so 1 car is 4 wheels (typically) and 2 cars is 8 wheels (typically), the house owners may have a Reliant Robin.

but a house typically has 2 external doors and probably 10+ internal doors

1 Like

The cars have doors too otherwise theyā€™d never use their wheelsā€¦

3 Likes

I think you are being very developed world centric there! Two billion people donā€™t even have a toilet.

3 Likes