Are there more Doors or Wheels in the world?

Fly wheel? What about steering wheel?

What, where now?

4 Likes

#TeamWheels all the way.

Every factory that has ever had a conveyor is relying on hundreds if not thousands of little tiny wheels to move things about.

Every bike that exists that has no doors.

Gotta be wheels.

But that gets me into… Whats the defininition of a wheel? Does a washer count? A bearing? A donut on a stick?

Take your Masterchef conversation elsewhere, young man.

Cheese is made in wheels

1 Like

Does the band “the doors” count as one or four?

2 Likes

I’m counting that as four and adding all tribute acts to the tally…

Think I’ve found the biggest door multiplier: advent calendars. 16 million were sold in 2019 - that’s at least 384 million doors, I make it.

9 Likes

Ahh, but there are 519 million Hot Wheels toys produced per year. That roughly 2 billion wheels just there.

4 Likes

Lego are also the largest manufacturer of tyres. 306m per year

3 Likes

Does tyre creation lead to wheel creation? :thinking:

No, only specific wheels need tyres - where consistent contact with another surface to allow the wheel to continue to function as per specification is required. But there are wheels that don’t need this:

Waterwheels don’t need, or create the need for tyres. Granted, these are in decline (if not extinct)
The Wheel of Fortune has no tyres either. Excessive use of rubber though?, maybe.

One or two.

Two of them are dead.

And how many of these have been made?

6 Likes

Lots of doors on advent calendars, but what about those wheelie suitcases or heelies shoes.

2 Likes

My 12 year old tells me it’s definitely - doors.

Not so sure myself but I can’t always be right.

1 Like

Microwaves have one door, but some have three wheels (on the plate rotator thing)

And a number of gear wheels to make the plate rotate too :grin:

I have listened the the song Wheels by the Foo Fighters many times

It might be cancelled out by the number of doors the guy has walked out of in I will survive

1 Like

One of my offices at work:

8 wheels, plus the steering wheel, but only 2 doors
(I think the “wheels” are coming out on top)

A 6 wheeled coach and no toilet? No luggage compartment?