Aqua Reward Credit Card

Looks like Aqua have had a bit of an influx of pissed off Tandem cashback customers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Me included lol)

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll be binning the rewards card for good too. In which case the only remaining decent cashback cards will be Amex, I believe. Is it to do with interchange fee caps?

There’s the natwest reward credit card, though it’s a £25 annual fee if you don’t have a reward account too.

Santander still do the all in in card, with 0.5% cashback for £3 a month.

I have recently got the Amex card to try and get something back before it goes.

Unlikely to hit £2000 spend in three months to qualify for the maximum £100 though, however, working on putting as much of my normal expenditure on it between now and mid-April, then focus on the £3k mark to make the cashback eligible for payout in 2021.

Doubt I shall keep it for a second year though as I already miss the clear trail of expenditure on my monzo newsfeed, and categories goes out the window.

£3k in a year on a credit card is massively unusual for me since my move to Monzo. Only normally use credit cards for purchases over £100 for the s75 protection.

£3k at 0.5% is a measly £15 return and I value my pre-Amex budgeting higher than that.

You spoke too soon :sob: wonder if it will stay around for current customers though … or if they will withdraw completely it like Tandem did

Where do you do most of your shopping? Whenever I need to reach a target such as that one, I buy whatever I can, and then to make up the remainder, by buying Sainsburys or John Lewis gift cards. Essentially it’s just bringing forward spending you’re going to make anyway, and it means you get your Amex reward.

1 Like

Lol. Gift Cards may be my back up plan.

Was looking at the range in supermarkets yesterday.

Could do with one doing a 20% off deal in next three months, such as Tesco did around November.

:+1:

Aldi :slightly_frowning_face: No Gift Cards for there

Not as painful as most of your spending being done at places that refuse to take amex.

(My dad always curses about that ever since he got his)

1 Like

Oh well that’s one credit card off my list to apply for then!!

As I’ve o ly had my tandem card for a few months I’ve already got a hard hit on my report now so haven’t been in a rush to apply for a replacement.

Amex is looking like the way to go.

Unfortunately for me, Amex is a non starter.
It’s the fee free overseas spending that outweighs any cashback.