Apple Fitness+

Welp I’ve just bought an Apple TV. Looking forward to some Yoga tomorrow!

1 Like

It took less than 24 hours for you to cave!

3 Likes

Excellent. Someone on a forum buying an Apple product is normally the catalyst for a new model to be released, and I’ve been waiting on a refreshed Apple TV!

5 Likes

I am weak! And my Income to Expenditure ratio has been looking far too healthy this month.

And more to the point, they were more reasonably priced than I remember.

Haha, yeah I’ll take the hit for that one. Enjoy Apple TV Gen 5 when mine arrives on Monday.

Excellent point! My current one is a couple of years old now :laughing:

What you are describing is swift my friend uses it and finds it brilliant.

I got a gen 4 Apple TV when released in 2016 (I think) best bang for buck of pretty much any Apple product I have had (except the antenna gate free case).
About £32 a year now. Thinking of getting a new one if they release one as an excuse to get a 4K tv…

I had an Apple TV but no Apple Watch. So will be getting an Apple Watch today just to try out 3 months of fitness, by then, the gyms should be open again(?).

AirPlay 2 required, and doesn’t show watch metrics I believ

this is the only thing stopping me from getting this. If they enable it to be airplayed to my smart TV then great. I think not being able to see the watch metrics isn’t so bad as you can just look at it after you’re done with the workout on your watch anways right?

Then you’re in luck - they’ve enabled in the latest beta that dropped yesterday. But it has to be AirPlay 2 enabled. :slight_smile:

Not entirely related to fitness plus, but the fitness app in general, specifically the competitions feature.

I’m a newly returning Apple Watch customer. Bought a series 6 last month around 4 years after selling my series 0.

My question is, can you retroactively cheat at the competitions, and how the heck do you do it? More specifically, did my friend cheat me out of a hard earned award? And how did they do it?

I took this screenshot of our standing last night after finishing my workout:

They live in California, so 8 hours behind. After my workout I’d crossed a point threshold that should have meant it was impossible for them to beat me, even if they hit 600 on that last day.

So imagine my surprise when I woke up at 7am this morning to find this message from them:

How?! 4200 is only possible if you get 600 points every day, but they didn’t on Friday!

I’ve had something similar with a friend who lives abroad who also takes his watch off a good amount. I don’t seem to get live updates and the final tally can be a little unpredictable. He once took his watch off for a week after a competition closed and I had to ask him to turn it on and charge it just to clear the “pending results” message from my app :laughing:

1 Like

If you turn the clock back on your iPhone (and thus the watch) and set your goal to like 1/12 hours then it’ll likely give you the full points.

Ofc this would be better not to as it should be a friendly competition.

I have a friend who is a gym goer and very fit and active but because his move goal is like 100 calories a day he always gets 300% and more per day so I don’t bother with him.

Not least because he always brags about closing his ring on social media… like yeah, a snail could close that one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

One method is airplane mode your watch and it will prevent it updating until after the time has ran out so you can sync and beat the person.

I know people who would do that with Fitbit as well by turning Bluetooth off on their phone.

2 Likes

I can’t help with how and why, but I like that you’re as equally terrible as I am with stands!

Those aren’t my rings! They’re the rings of the friend I’m competing with!

I’m pretty good with my stand hours. Typically clock in 16 or more a day.

1 Like

Did you ask your mate about how they achieved 4,200? I would.

There’s really no point competing in a friendly like this if someone’s going to cheat.

4 Likes

I did. They admitted to cheating but won’t tell me how.

Not gonna be playing with them again!

I have a suspicion they manually added a work out via the health app that began on Friday night and ran into the early hours of Saturday morning. Must be a good faith system, and still count the exercise minutes, calories they say they burned, and the stand hours it adds, not only to their rings, but to the competition progress as well.

Surprising that that can be done retroactively a day later though.

On the bright side, it did push me to workout more/harder to hit those 600 points each day to keep up with them, which in turn had my winning the competitions against my other friends by a good margin. My move ring is substantially higher than their’s (680 - I just keep to the smart move goal the watch gives me each week) and they’re the athlete!

2 Likes