App Security password

I understand that you want a PIN on your banking app as a separate thing, but are you using iOS or Android? There are probably third-party locking apps you can get for Android if you need this feature today. If you’re on iOS, though, you can use “Content & Privacy Restrictions” in the screen time app (or on an older version of iOS, parental controls or restrictions) and restrict Monzo specifically, then requiring a separate passcode to disable restrictions from the normal phone PIN.

I understand that this is way non-ideal, but it’s better than nothing if it precludes you from using the entire bank because of it.

Thank you!

I’m on Android but I didn’t think about this as a possibility. Would it still be secure to use something like that from a third party?

As long as it’s a reputable company I don’t see why not. It would be no different to using a password manager like most people do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would never in my life have thought I would suggest a Norton product, but you could try their app lock app. The benefit is that you know for certain the company isn’t a super sketchy company doing something evil with it. Android and iOS are both really locked down, so it’s harder and harder for malware to exist (but not impossible).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, do you have to pay for the product?

It doesn’t look like it.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.