App improvements needed? - suggestions

1.When on “payments” and Send via a bank transfer, it should show the available balance.
2.When on “payments” and Send via a bank transfer, it should under the top 3 lines for recipient etc, show a list of previously used recipients. At present it’s blank under.
3.When on “payments” and Scheduled payments it should link directly to bank transfer rather that just informing you to have go back to bank transfer.
4. The slidey graph thing at the top of home does not work as intended if you haven’t first selected a transaction under. It’s not clear to what it’s referring so on or before first touch it should be populated with the dates it’s going to display underneath.
5. Scheduled payments should allow at the least a different first payment (and perhaps a different last one?), without having to set up separate payments duplicating the payee.
6. Requesting a forgotten pin should not be met with yet another request for previously submitted ID, this is meaningless especially when a photo and the app pin should suffice for previousy verified customers. (or better still no photo but another means of verification, perhaps a password?)

3 Likes
  1. Your Balance is shown on “Send via bank transfer” at the very top, although being able to see it in “payments” would be nice
    29243359_200435450730037_1264894224_o

2. My app is showing all my previously used recipients
    29242415_200435460730036_1893179722_o

3. I think this window is made purely so you can see out going payments, if you want to send one it’s in “send via bank transfer” you can schedule payments that way too.

4. If you start by tapping on the Pulse Graph it should show the date at the top along with your balance, from what we’ve heard there’s a lot of changes happening to the pulse graph in the future too!
    29003674_200435584063357_1509345916_n

5. I think I understand what you’re saying here. This isn’t a bad idea but has the potential for making people think they’re only sending one payment off and being unaware of the second at a glance. This may make the UI a little more complex than it should.

6. I agree with this.

If any of what I’ve referenced doesn’t make sense let me know.

2 Likes

I think at this point, any app improvements are worthwhile.

Well the last update came out two weeks ago so you know what that means :smiley:

Huh, is there always an update every two weeks on the testflight?

Also, I never get notified on time when there’s a testflight upgrade, normally even a few days late. Is this a bug specifically with Monzo or just something I’m facing?

Thanks in advance, Alex :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes*

I don’t have that issue, might be worth uninstalling & reinstalling the TF app?

*if everything goes to plan.

1 Like

That’s cool, every Tuesday too?

And reinstalling sounds like a good shout

@woz are you taking android or iOS? My comments all relate to iOS 1.9.29 though most were the same on 1.9.28.

1. I have this but it could be it appeared in the latest TestFlight?
  2. Agree this could be helpful to prepopulate the details from a list. Though it is already on the payments screen so not an urgent need.
  3. While you should be able to amend standing orders and future dates payments in this list I think it’s right you have to go back to create a new payment.
  4. Agree. The pulse doesn’t work as intended at all and would rather it went away with a daily balance on the date lines.
  5. Agree if you choose a payment to be recurring you should have a choice for the first bs future payments. As you may want to pay now and then every Thursday for example.
  6. In the last version 1.9.28 you could do this by entering the card CVV. What version are you on?

Erm I’m not 100% sure to be honest. I don’t think it’s quite that consistent.

By the way the expiry date for the app is sometimes a couple of days sooner than it should be but I think that’s just due to Apple..

Interesting. I had turned on Face ID for payments and when I went to check the pin it authenticated with Face ID then displayed it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So in the last 3 weeks it’s been:
*Video and photo ID
*CVC
*Face ID

Edit: looks like it is CVC if you have not enabled biometric authentication. And if you have then it’s face or Touch ID worth noting you need to enter your card pin to enable biometric authentication.

@HitechCasio @alexs

The TestFlight before the latest was on a Monday, so its every 2 weeks, give or take a few days :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks a lot for all the info!

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Thanks!

sorry for late edit
I’m on ios and I don’t have face ID

1. Balance is too small to be of practical use (in fact I missed it as I had wrong specs on) so make it bigger/more contrasty
  2. I mean on the next page when you’ve selected Send via Bank…
  3. It should say “View scheduled payments”(and “To make scheduled Payments use Send via Bank transfer”
  4. It’s a bug/feature if you open the app then slide your finger along and take it off you don’t get the little flags but the dates scroll underneath.
  5. Scheduled payments aren’t flexible enough - I take your point screen space is limited.
    6.How do I find the version? Ridiculous to ask for your ID and photo AGAIN when you’re stuck needing your pin, and who carries their passport around anyway.