API access to Monzo Plus accounts from other banks

If you are using a Monzo Plus or Premium account and connect other accounts such as Amex / HSBC etc are these accounts also accessible using the Monzo API?

Specifically:

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe they are, itā€™d be very handy if they were though

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is not currently possible!

Not possible as in the API doesnā€™t currently expose this, or not possible as in there are regulations which would prevent you from ever doing this through the API ?

Our API doesnā€™t currently include this. I donā€™t know if weā€™ll do this in future, sorry!

1 Like

Good news that itā€™s not been ruled out then

1 Like

Thatā€™s a shame, I came here hoping to find the answer to this. I have my credit card added via Open Banking and wanted to put money in a pot every time I spent on the credit card so I can pay it off from that pot every month.

2 Likes

If your credit card app produces notifications (more seem to be doing this, thankfully) and youā€™re on Android, you can do this via IFTTT.

I have it for my Amex; (1) each purchase is recorded on a Google Sheet, and (2) Each new record generates a ā€œput this money in the Amex potā€ action.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a shame, Iā€™d really love this feature for my personal finance app.

I would love this feature too! Right now Iā€™m thinking of combining the Amex API and Monzo API together somehow, but ideally i would it all be under one roof

Do let me know if you managed this - it seems to me that the AMEX API requires a business to be authorised (or having applied for authorisation) with the regulator in your country. Iā€™m UK based, so that would be the FCA, and the application process is lengthy and highly unlikely to get approved for a tiny personal task like this.

1 Like

Would really like this feature as well - i.e. to access transactions from linked accounts via Monzo API. Is there update on whether this will be added please?

2 Likes

I would love this feature to be implemented too, if anything to add shared transactions from Amex to Shared Pots on Monzo.

I would also love to see this feature. When I signed up for Premium, I was actually pretty surprised that this data wasnā€™t available.

I thought, at the very least, that the balances would be available.

Please expose other accounts in the API, would definitely pay for premium just for this

1 Like

Would also pay for premium if this was a feature