Alternative payment methods

I like the sound of this, is it a step ahead of Monzo

Honestly, feels like it would be an unnecessary and bulky thing to keep on my key chain.
Surely chip & pin isn’t that much of an inconvenience?

Furthermore, smart devices can perform Consumer Device Cardholder Verification Method ( CDCVM ) and therefore bypass the limits.

The biometric fob looks to be an inefficient use of resources, both in time to develop, and material to produce!

3 Likes

It all just seems another way of using contactless. Smart watches, phones. Even supermarkets have integrated contactless into their own loyalty cards.

Not for me. I have two keys on my keyring, I don’t need anything else in my pocket.

Better to use a smartphone. More widely accepted and supports multiple cards without £100 limit

2 Likes

I don’t really see this as being a step ahead of Monzo, I see it as Natwest going off on an unnecessary tangent. I don’t see why anyone would want to carry around a lumpy thing like that when they already have the ability to pay with their phone.

I can’t imagine being in a situation where I don’t have my phone or my card, but I have my keys. I feel like I’m more likely to lose/forget my keys than the other two so this feels a bit unnecessary :thinking:

2 Likes

Not for me thanks.
I’ll just stick to my physical card.

I’m still not convinced, but I saw a kickstarter a while back for a ring with a built in NFC chip which looked pretty slick, and I was tempted to support it so I could wave my hand in front of contactless terminals like a Jedi

2 Likes