Alexa Skills..... Are there any good ones?

So… I have a Google Home in my office room and a Google Home Mini in my kitchen. I use them a LOT. Like, all the time. I’m heavily embedded in Google’s ecosystem so it makes sense. Pixel 2 XL, Pixel Buds, Wear OS watch, etc.

But… I also have an Echo Dot. And I never use it. I’m considering unplugging it. However, it seems to me that the issue might be that I just don’t know what useful “Skills” to enable on it. There must be some good ones, but the idea of trawling through them on the Alexa app to try and find something good… Well, ain’t nobody got time for dat.

I figured I’d ask you lot. You seem to know stuff. Anyone here use the Echo heavily and has found decent skills worth enabling?

Lemme know.

tenor-140988550

Escape room is interesting - reminds me of an old-school adventure game.

My kids just love the Fart skills and seem to constantly install them. Me? I love the ‘what are the headlines’ feature and linking the dot, Spotify and Sonos all together!

Alexa Fart!

1 Like

The only decent ones I think are the Hue and Harmony Skills so other then asking it to turn the lights on and off or the TV on or off I have no idea what else to do with it lol

Just curious, what “skills” do you use on Google Home?

I rarely use any of the Alexa 3rd party skills except for the sonos integration side of things