After a fancy reusable water bottle?

ASDA are selling off their stock of VOSS water.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/still-water/voss-artesian-water-glass-bottle/910001744297

Now admittedly it’s probably filled with Norwegian tap water, but for £1.80 it’s reusable, glass, looks quite smart and at 800ml capacity should be enough for most people without being too hefty.

1 Like

Is it glass? If so, that’s a steal.

Edit - I know it says it in the title… Just wondering if it’s actually glass or a typo :joy:

2 Likes

It’s glass! I have one, they’re pretty incredible (especially for the price!)

That’s good… Shame it’s been taken off the store it would seem!

I got mine from a local Spar if that helps? :laughing:

1 Like

I think getting an insulated bottle like something from Klean Kanteen is the best purchase you can make. It’s rather expensive, but you’ll never go back after having ice cold water or hot coffee all day long.

1 Like

How fragile are these?

Also what’s the normal price?

1 Like

I got one in Waitrose in Kings Cross station. Similar price to this offer. The bottle itself is very good quality, very sturdy. Thick glass and a nice weight to it. The top is plastic but should survive quite a while with normal usage.

1 Like

Apologies for bumping a 4-year-old thread, but it’s getting :fire: HOT :fire: :sun_with_face: :sweat:

Now using a Chilly’s Series 2 500ml in Whale/Black to help keep hydrated.

Be careful & keep cool out there kids :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The might keep your water cooler, but the voss bottles the topic was originally about look much cooler! :wink:

1 Like

I can’t deny, the Voss bottles were aesthetically pleasing.

Along similar lines, I hardly ever eat Gu puddings - but when they’re on offer and I’m in need of some small glass pots, they’re quite handy!

I also know someone who uses washed-out Nutella pots (the smallest size, I think) as mugs/beakers. Though I’ve only ever bought the larger sizes which are very definitely jar-shaped and thus of limited repurposing use.

2 Likes

My friend started collecting these during lockdown to create little handmade candles! They’re excellent jars for that! Bonne Mamam conserve jars too for bigger ones!

As for the voss bottles, I have a cupboard full of them now in the pantry. It’s the smaller 375ml ones I like. Couldn’t get those in Asda but I’d been getting those delivered from Ocado for years. I don’t like throwing those bottles out. They’re too nice.

1 Like

Not fancy in any way but I recently switched to these big boys. Was struggling to finish the bottle before but it’s been a doddle since the weather turned :sun_with_face:.

I wouldn’t worry about not finishing: No, You Do Not Have to Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day - The New York Times

This may be relevant to your interests then https://www.puddingpotlids.com

1 Like

Pringle pot lids fit but no perfectly. But well enough to stack when you’ve made individual cheesecakes in them

2 Likes

Good old scream test.

I was going to say all the SREs will be shitting themselves but there’s probably only 1 if you’re lucky.