Advanced money management tools for joint accounts šŸ†•

@twigusa @BurnyCubbers77 would you mind explaining the problems youā€™re seeing a little more?

Sure. When I last checked the app, under Payments ā†’ Scheduled, I would see a list of Direct Debits followed by a list of Subscriptions. At some point recently, that has changed to a list of consolidated Subscriptions and Direct Debits.

The problem for me in my joint account (and probably in my personal account too but Iā€™ve moved most of the subscriptions) is that Iā€™m missing some subscriptions from the new list. Itā€™s possible Iā€™m missing all of them but Iā€™ve cancelled a few recently so itā€™s difficult to tell exactly whatā€™s missing.

Does that help? I can provide screenshots but itā€™s hard to show whatā€™s missing!

As @twigusa mentions:
Direct Debits and Subscriptions used to be 2 different lists. These are now appear to be combined into a single list, however all of my ā€œsubscriptionsā€ (aka, repeating payments that are not Direct Debits) do not populate into the list at all.
This is on both my personal and joint accounts.

I have done some testing this morning and it seems to only impact subscriptions that are paid directly from a virtual card attached to a pot. Any subscriptions paid using from the main account are showing. Iā€™ve already tried unmarking as a subscription, and then remarking as a subscription, and it still them same.

(As a side note, it does appear that you canā€™t mark payments on Flex as a repeating subscription, but I donā€™t think this is new).

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I am having an issue with this as well. I had two direct debits with the same merchant, each with a different amount showing separately. Now only one shows, and no matter how I try to get both back it doesnā€™t work. Itā€™s now messing up Trends.

I am thinking of upgrading to Max after Nationwide has upped their price, if I pay for Max family, as we have a joint account, does that mean we both get Max and Max on the joint account ? or is my wife just added to the insurances on my Max account

Itā€™s just Max for you, plus your wife (and kids) added to your insurances. Your wife wonā€™t have any Max perks. You will have access to some of your Max perks on the joint account, but your wife wonā€™t have access to them.

Max family is Ā£22 which is still more than Nationwide Flex Plus after the price increase.

1 Like

I think the Nationwide Ā£13/mth was amazing but the now Ā£18/mth is still very good value, itā€™s still a no brainer for the wife and I on our joint account.

I get its still more expensive, but i am using Monzo as my sole account and I pay Ā£3 for extra, makes the difference only Ā£1 when/if i ditch nationwide. Just need to know how simple it is for my wife to access the max benefits. Id rather move my joint account to
monzo. Just dont want it to be too much messing about for her.

I seen someone comment on Reddit saying even with the Ā£22 Max Family, they made their money back on a single trip to London using the Two Together railcard.

We have never been on a train as a couple ever :grin: and I am 56 cant see that happening, i could get the pound back with a sausage roll though :thinking: i may even use the lounge access at some point. The benefits do compare and i think nationwideā€™s app is years behind any others.

1 Like

My main question is if there will be any plan to add an overdraft to the joint account. That would make paying bills out of it a tad easier, not having to worry about going below 0.

1 Like