Add Virtual Cards to Apple Wallet

Hello,

Probably a fair niche request, but I recently lost my wallet so over the weekend I had no cards to use. It would be great if my virtual card could be added to Apple Wallet so I could buy stuff

Like I said, niche probably but hey ho

You can do this!?

Edit: if you look at your virtual card there should be an “add to G Pay” or “add to  Pay” (depending on phone) immediately below the card image.

1 Like

As above

1 Like

Tried multiple times and failed

1 Like

Make sure you’re using the proper version of the app and not Testflight.

Just added the card above with no issues.

I’m just spitballing here but I’m going to assume that you also lost your debit card and have reported it lost and ordered a new one?

This could potentially be stopping you from adding a new card to Apple Pay because its never been done before?

1 Like

I don’t know actually

I’ve just created a new virtual card and don’t have the option to add it to Apple Wallet anyway

Have you assigned it to a pot?

This is the first requirement before you can do so.

THANK YOU

That could be easier, as by default the virtual card is paid from my account account, so doesn’t make much sense to then block that.

1 Like

So, I recently set this up for someone else and, um, I don’t think that it’s a very easy process. In fact, unless you’re pretty tech-savvy you’re never going to (a) know that this is possible or (b) actually make it through all the steps. It feels like there’s an end-to-end flow missing from the app.

1 Like

@simontaylor66 glad you got it sorted.

I agree, it’s super non easy to do it.

I have a virtual card assigned for Express Travel on the London Underground. However, when tapping in it does not work. I have to unlock my phone, and change it from the default payment card for other purchases. Does anyone else have this problem? iPhone 12 Pro Max btw.

I’m trying to manually add a virtual card to my daughter’s iPhone so if she needs emergency money I can just add some money to the pot linked to card and she can spend it.

This fails every time with no details on why. Is this supported? She doesn’t have the Monzo app on that phone because it is my account.

You can’t add a virtual card that way. You need to do it via the app itself.

You could download and login as you on that phone, add the card and then delete the app from the phone and it should keep working.

But someone else may correct me.

I’ve done exactly that with my kids.

Set-up a new VC in the your Monzo app for each child and also for the VC to be funded from a specific pot (one pot per child). Once set-up, note the VC card details (the name should be the same name as the Monzo Personal Plus/Premium account holder, aka: your name, not the kids name), then manually add a card to Apple Wallet with those VC card details. It works. The child does not need the Monzo app on their phone for it to work.

CAVEAT: The child has to be 13+ years of age and that age information has to be available in their Apple account. Apple don’t like someone under the age of 13 to be able to spend money from Apple Wallet for some reason. Must be a regulation.

One of my kids isn’t 13 until July, so it’s been ‘Dad… can I borrow your Monzo card to go to the shops?’
I can’t wait for July.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to manually add virtual cards this way in the past apple wise and never been able to get it ti successfully work. Always had to use the “add to wallet” option from within the app.

Either way, hope the OP is able to sort it :grinning:

1 Like

That’s pretty smart. Good idea.

2 Likes