Add “Send to Pot” Option to Incoming Transactions

(James Cocker) #1

When you tap on a transaction for money received, it would be great if there was a “Send to Pot” option where you would just select a pot and it would immediately transfer the amount of that transaction to the specified pot.

I often wish to transfer money from other bank accounts straight into a Monzo pot. It would also be useful with “gift” payments from friends and family, to be able to send them to a “Gifts” pot so they don’t get spent on bills etc.

(Sandeep) #2

I love this idea! Maybe even payments from certain bank accounts (like my own savings account) are automatically sent to pots too.

(Trevor Mitchell) #3

I’d love this feature, I posted it before… I’d like to see a payment made to me with a specific reference go straight to a pot of my choosing, like if I get a payment from a tenant and it has ref: 113 king street it would go straight to my pot for that rental income… it would complete my life… :slight_smile:

(Hugh Wells) #4

I’d love this! Would be great for my salary :raised_hands:

(Benjamin Perrett) #5

I think the best allocation of this would be how other banks and financial services by using the reference as a sorting method. For example each pot has a specific code or word that automatically puts the fund into that pot when used as the payment reference, so I can send money into a pot from my bank, and is also possible to then do so by scheduled payment.

(Frank) #6

I had exactly the same idea today too :joy:

(Dean MOORE) #7

I would like to see an option where you can select the amount of money you would like to transfer to a pot rather than having the whole amount of your account transfered then have to transfer out what you don’t want in there. Making it more user definable.

(Chris Avison) #9

This would also help me with visualisation of the graph, which with salary tends to become rather useless with large (although wish they were larger) spikes distorting the scale, as the income is counted prior to moving to a pot. At the moment my salary is manually paid in from a different bank, is this issue resolved if salary is paid directly into Monzo?

I find the graph very useful from a budgeting perspective.