About business inquiries / domains

hello guys

hope you are all fine. i dont know where should i open new topic so i decided to open here.

i own www.monzo.ltd domain. do you think monzo wish to buy and keep that domain? anyone knows their business inquiries mail?

kind regards

Not sure why anyone would care about a .ltd when they have a .com.

1 Like

of course not for useā€¦for keep it? if i have a company probably ill own all domains with my name. for example facebook own all domains even they are not using. facebook.co facebook.ltd facebook blah blah

Discourse doesnā€™t even autolink monzo.ltd :joy:

3 Likes

In other words bought domain hoping Monzo would buy it to make some money.

9 Likes

If theyā€™d wanted it they would have bought it as soon as they changed the name

This domain is available through
GoDaddy Auctions. Price: $37,000.00

:rofl:

Bonus WHOIS: Creation Date: 2018-11-23T01:30:47Z

8 Likes

Oh dear or dear :frowning:

1 Like

This URL was only registered today by the looks of things, specifically 7 mins before your post, no one owned it previouslyā€¦ If monzo did want it I presume theyā€™d have have purchased it.

If you do want to speak to someone you can always email hello@monzo.com

4 Likes

I did this when I was young and dumb. A multi billion pound company announced they were entering the UK market and I noticed the .co.uk wasnā€™t registered (and they had local websites for each territory so it was surely an oversight), so I instantly registered it.

After googling similar scenarios and realising the law doesnā€™t favour opportunists (in 2005 I read stories of brands getting legal weight on their side, obtaining an order to take the domain off people and billing them for legal costs - not the ā€œhereā€™s Ā£100ā€ scenario Iā€™d hoped for).

After realising how dangerous the situation was I ended up just contacting them saying Iā€™d bought the domain by mistake, and they refunded my registration cost and took it from me.

Would not recommend trying this. Even lovely companies like Monzo have not so lovely lawyers :imp:

8 Likes

There are a lot of Monzo related domains registered :open_mouth:

Without going to the trouble of checking who the registered owners are, if Monzo do own the following they could at least be used as redirects. Eg.

monzo.community
monzo.rocks (made me laugh)
monzo.support
monzo.tv

As mentioned though, they have all the main ones covered already and Iā€™m still not a fan of all these new TLDs, mainly because I donā€™t think people understand them fully yet. For example, if any of the above ones were on an advertisement there would be a lot of people who would assume the .com or .co.uk has been missed off the end in error. Then donā€™t get me started on the cost of some of these :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll buy it and I will pay you with the bottle of out of date milk I have in the fridge.

1 Like

I have a .co domain and Adobe always says ā€œAre you sure you didnā€™t mean .com?ā€ when Iā€™m logging into their site. Dread to think how it would respond if I tried to log in with my .horse email address.

5 Likes

I can see the benefit of using a .co.uk and a .com domain, but anything else is slightly pointless. Chances are, people arenā€™t going to be searching for monzo.ltd as a URL. If you wanted to try and snap up any Google searches of ā€˜Monzo Ltdā€™ then youā€™d need a VERY good SEO strategy.

I canā€™t see that buying the monzo.ltd domain off of you would be a financially sensible decision for Monzo to make :slight_smile: Sorry, @kingpelvis

1 Like

Iā€™ll keep it for investment. They donā€™t need to use but it can easily use by another bank service to redirect or turn into to scam page. So company should protect their name i think. I told before Facebook owns all extensions. Are they using? No.

Luckily for Monzo, what you suggest may happen is very unlikely because you have registered the domain. And you wouldnā€™t do anything untoward with it. So itā€™s safe, for now. Maybe if you let it lapse, Monzo might consider registering it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.